Question for those opposed to Immigration- Why are you opposed to it?

Foreign nationals account for around 12% of the UK prison population, which indicates that they are responsible for a disproportionate amount of crime in the UK.

Or that they are more likely to be arrested, tried and convicted of crimes.

Moreover, the number of crimes committed by foreign nationals appears to have risen quite sharply in the last five years or so, according to some figures I saw recently.

Surely you can do better than that Chaverly?

More likely to be arrested an charged,

1) the arab on a plane with a chunky rucksack, or 2) a white Businessman on a plane with a briefcase.

and theres a bomb scare, whos more likely to get the blame?

Halibut, why don't you attempt, just once, to post a reasoned argument instead of superficial drivel?.

Since you are obviously too lazy to find the source I referred to above yourself, here it is:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/lawandorder/4952904/Crime-by-foreigners-doubles-in-five-years.html

Touche, it appears you got there before me, TJC :)

Ps..I was once stopped and searched whilst wearing a suit in London in the 80's, whilst my casually dressed, white colleague wasnt!

maybe it was because the trousers were above your ankles and the sleeves were too short so they assumed that you'd nicked it off of a smaller kid.:hihi:

Foreign nationals account for around 12% of the UK prison population, which indicates that they are responsible for a disproportionate amount of crime in the UK.

That's pretty much what I said in my post you quoted, but the point I was making was to another poster, even with the disproportionally higher levels of crime amongst immigrant groups, they dont commit more crime than the indigenous population which appears to be a common misconception.

maybe it was because the trousers were above your ankles and the sleeves were too short so they assumed that you'd nicked it off of a smaller kid.:hihi:

..I inspired Michael Jackson ;)

In much the same way that young white chavs tend to be the ones convicted of shoplifting - perhaps they are wrongly and cruelly targeted, and the police/courts/store detectives should concentrate their efforts more on middle class shoppers from well-paid professions?

Or should we just be realistic and accept that people from many other cultures have a significantly higher propensity for crime, and that immigration from developing countries is disastrous in its contribution to rising crime levels in the UK?

That's pretty much what I said in my post you quoted, but the point I was making was to another poster, even with the disproportionally higher levels of crime amongst immigrant groups, they dont commit more crime than the indigenous population which appears to be a common misconception.
That does seem to be the case for certain types of crime though - like drug-related matters, mugging and rape.

..I inspired Michael Jackson ;)

Not really thought that one out have you:hihi:

There would be less crime in the uk if there was less immagration, that is a fact, is it not?

There would be less crime in the uk if there was less immagration, that is a fact, is it not?

Just like your entirely false claim that we have "mass unchecked immigration", so is your latest claim false.

Asylum seekers are much more likely to be the victims of crime than the perpetrators (ACPO, 2006)

Have an opinion holly, but the central points of your argument rest on myths.

there would be less crime in the uk if there was less immagration, that is a fact, is it not?

it seems to me with less people in the uk there will be less crime