Memories of The Stonehouse Pub

The Stonehouse was the starting point for us and we wore our suits for the nightclubs (shirts with collars, not jean/trainers rules unless you were off to the limit or rebels) but mainly we were only 17 when we started going out and we thought it made us look older.

I too was 17 when we first stated going 'up town' on a Friday night, and I used to drink ginger ale :hihi: I also remember we practiced our dates of birth as being a year earlier so that we could get into clubs.

What was the pub called near to the Stonehouse? We used to go round 4 or 5 pubs, one of them being the Pig & Whistle, before heading to a club or Wimpey for a burger :P

What was the pub called near to the Stonehouse? We used to go round 4 or 5 pubs, one of them being the Pig & Whistle, before heading to a club or Wimpey for a burger :P

The Museum was nearby on Orchard Street, near the raincoat shop. It's still there - now they have tables outside in Orchard Square. Decent grub..:)

The Museum was nearby on Orchard Street, near the raincoat shop. It's still there - now they have tables outside in Orchard Square. Decent grub..:)

It must be that one, but it had a different name didn't it :)

It must be that one, but it had a different name didn't it :)

It was called the Museum when I became old enough to drink there in 1966 (and a bit earlier....;)). The 1973 Kelly's Directory lists "Museum P.H." at 25 Orchard Street.

Edited by hillsbro

It was called the Museum when I became old enough to drink there in 1966 (and a bit earlier....;)). The 1973 Kelly's Directory lists "Museum P.H." at 25 Orchard Street.

It seems it's had several changes of name over the years :)

Museum, City Centre, Sheffield

Museum

25 Orchard Street

City Centre

Sheffield

S1 2GX

Previously called the Hogshead, fully refurbished in February 2005 and re-named the Museum.

It was the Museum, And For time there you could get in through the back door of the Stonehouse. So it was Stonehouse, Museum, The Pig then we would decide if iwe were going onto the Red lion then Golden Ball or over to the Brown Bear and down to the Mulberry route that night.

Oh Lorri, the whole idea of the suit was that we wouldn't have to drink ginger ale .....haha

There was also the Three Tuns on Leopold street just down from the museum. This is now no longer there

There was also the Three Tuns on Leopold street just down from the museum. This is now no longer there

Of course there was, I had a forgotten about this pub, my brain is pickled from starting to drink at such a young age

please brennan

You do realise that you're responding to a post that's over 5 years old!