Help! Bus travel to Dore while the strikes are on

Help, I work next to Dore Railway station and I need to get to work. I live between Glossop Road and Ecclesall Road. I would use the train but the times are all wrong. Is there any other option? This is for during the bus strikes.

Edited by cloudjuice
Clarification

30 or 97/98

i meant when the strikes are on.

Walk (or tram) to the train station (about 1/2 hr walk from Glossop road) then the train from Sheffield Station to Dore station. (and reverse for the return)

You've not much other option, really as it's pretty much only First that run the services on Abbeydale Road. I believe you might get a 263 Buxton bus run by TM travel, but they aren't all that frequent)

Walk (or tram) to the train station (about 1/2 hr walk from Glossop road) then the train from Sheffield Station to Dore station. (and reverse for the return)

you've not much other option, really as fit's pretty much only First that run the services on Abbeydale Road. I believe you might get a 263 Buxton bus run by TM travel, but they aren't all that frequent)

but the times are all wrong, so she says.....all i can think of is car share with someone else from work, or taxi.

How are the train times 'all wrong'? National Rail website has correct times, so please use it

Edit: Ah, I think you mean they don't get there at reasonable times.... Assuming you start at 9, the train is 8.05 in the morning getting there at 8.10

Thanks Satyr, that was rather helpful! The times the trains run aren't helpful for me getting to work.

As I've said, they've not really got much other option, apart from the TM 263 Buxton bus.

The OP might find that they'll have to go for an earlier (or later) train if they are intent on getting between Glossop Road and Dore Station when there are no "First" buses running....

How are the train times 'all wrong'? National Rail website has correct times, so please use it

Edit: Ah, I think you mean they don't get there at reasonable times.... Assuming you start at 9, the train is 8.05 in the morning getting there at 8.10

If the likes of East Midlands Trains had any common sense, they could have got the 0842 to Liverpool to call at Dore like they do for the one the previous hour.

If the likes of East Midlands Trains had any common sense, they could have got the 0842 to Liverpool to call at Dore like they do for the one the previous hour.

If the train companies had any sense, they'd have a darn sight more of the local trains stopping at Dore, both inbound and outbound...

It might help the congestion on the Sheaf Valley corridor!

You could get a 293 (from Arundel gate on same side as O2 Academy) as far as Archer Road and walk the rest of the way.

Your best bet is the 218 from Sheffield to Bakewell or Buxton, operated by TM Travel. It starts from the Interchange and travels along Abbeydale Road to Totley. In the morning buses leave at 7:30 and 9:30 but your return is even more restricted. Basically if you don't get the 15:49 (Totley Cross Scythes) there isn't another TM operated bus until 18:54. The 16:49 is operated by First on a weekday! Good luck.

Edited by catanfan