Student "rag-mag" on Fargate

It makes me laugh Fargate, it takes about a minute to walk through yet you have, 5 nspcc workers, various fair rides, a massive wheel, 5 different chinese women and men selling blow up toys, 3 or 4 compo claim people, catalogue ladies, survey ladies, foreign phone card man, beggers, big issue seller, Jesus lady, the bloke with the preacher board, an Indian food outlet, Lads selling rap CDs, Ambassadors.

You forgot the Ped Egg sellers :)

It makes me laugh Fargate, it takes about a minute to walk through yet you have, 5 nspcc workers, various fair rides, a massive wheel, 5 different chinese women and men selling blow up toys, 3 or 4 compo claim people, catalogue ladies, survey ladies, foreign phone card man, beggers, big issue seller, Jesus lady, the bloke with the preacher board, an Indian food outlet, Lads selling rap CDs, Ambassadors.

What is it the Ambassadors are selling? 'Cos they're making a crap job of it!

You forgot the Ped Egg sellers :)

Of cause yeah and the bloody scarf sellers lol, is there a star outlet aswell :D

More to the question what are the beggers selling :hihi:

For many years I have been trying to locate an old Rag Mag by Sheffield. The library & student union have also tried for me , but have been equally unsuccessful.

I explained to the staff who helped me, that I am nearing the completion of my time time here - 77 - & a damned poem has been going through my head for at least 50 of those years ! I am pleading with any reader that chances across this note - CAN YOU HELP ME ??????

The Rag year was, as far as I can recall, between 1958 & 1962. in it was this very catchy poem. It started 'There's a dirty leaking gas tank to the South of Barker's Pool, in the 'something' there's a pair of cast off clogs .... dah di dah dah dah dah, when he isn't down at Darnal, at the dogs '. They are just a few of the words I can recall. I am not a Sheffield grad, but greatly admired your rag weeks .

Should anyone be able to recall this poem, I shall be most grateful. (Only of course, if you let me know how it all goes !!!!! )

Allan

Err, good luck finding it!!!!

Ferrero Rocher?

Sounds like a parody of The green eye of the little yellow god (of Khatmandu)

I wish I could help. I used to love the Twikker of long ago.

No wonder people go to Meadowhall. Get rid all the panhandlers from Fargate and people might be more keen to shop there!

No wonder people go to Meadowhall. Get rid all the panhandlers from Fargate and people might be more keen to shop there!

You must be kidding. What with Sky, Soap & Co, AA, RAC, More Sky, Pretzel sellers, McMillan, Forces all getting in your way and trying to stop you I take my chances with the city centre.

At least there is far more space there to get out of their way.

You must be kidding. What with Sky, Soap & Co, AA, RAC, More Sky, Pretzel sellers, McMillan, Forces all getting in your way and trying to stop you I take my chances with the city centre.

At least there is far more space there to get out of their way.

I agree. I was in the coffee shop in WHSmiths in Meadowhall and a salesman thought it was acceptable to take the opposite seat on the table where I was sitting and try and sell me his book.

Then there's the people selling hair curlers near Thorntons.

There have been many posts about chuggers etc.

Will they ever go away (or be made to)

Edited by Minimo