Should life mean life?

SHOULD LIFE MEAN LIFE?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. SHOULD LIFE MEAN LIFE?

Bring back the noose !!!! It will fix broken britain

Well it didnt fix it when we had it!

Should a life sentence mean whole life in jail?

99years + 1 day as the americans do seems about right.

Bring back the noose !!!! It will fix broken britain

Surely Sellotape would be better? And easier.

I don't really care what they call it but alot more people should be in prison for the rest of their life.

I don't really care what they call it but alot more people should be in prison for the rest of their life.

...which would cause even more overcrowding in prisons and a higher burden on the taxpayer. But if you're OK to finance it... :loopy:

...which would cause even more overcrowding in prisons and a higher burden on the taxpayer. But if you're OK to finance it... :loopy:

If it was up to me I'd pack them in like sardines and spend next to nothing on them.

If it was up to me I'd pack them in like sardines and spend next to nothing on them.

But what about their human rights? ;)

But what about their human rights? ;)

What about the "Human Rights" that murderers took away from their victims, the right to live to a ripe old age. I don't neccesarily believe in the death sentence, I think that murders who get a life sentence with no chance of parole should be given the opportunity to agree, at some point in their sentence, to have their life terminated by lethal injection if they so require.

Probably a more humane method to do things, the perpitator is the perptitrator in both circumstances.

with human rights comes the responsability to behave in a humain way,clearly someone that murders anybody loses that right.

with human rights comes the responsability to behave in a humain way,clearly someone that murders anybody loses that right.

If they lose their human rights, it still places the responsiblity of administering their punishment on society. If those rights are to be disregarded, then 'we' are behaving in the same way that led to their incarcration in the first place.

Their loss of liberty is the punishment, it neednt be overgilded with behaviour that is more applicable to them than a civilised society.

What about the "Human Rights" that murderers took away from their victims

Take a joke.