Should life mean life?

SHOULD LIFE MEAN LIFE?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. SHOULD LIFE MEAN LIFE?

Have you seen a doctor about that?

i bet you have

I think they should ask the familys how it has effected their lives as they do in the US courts before they pass sentence.

They do, don't they?

But what a pointless waste of time that is. Are they seriously implying that if one family is affected more than another by the same crime, that the punishment should be different?

Do you realise Halibut that your usual comments on any thread seem to be of the like as the one above, it's always rows and rows of quotes with the then what you seem to think of as inteligent a caustic comment like "evidence", or "do you have proof of this?" blah, blah,blah.

Just an observation.

OK, so which half of the UK's laws are not enforced? Can you even name 10 laws that aren't enforced? 5? 3?

OK, so which half of the UK's laws are not enforced? Can you even name 10 laws that aren't enforced? 5? 3?

Are you and Halibut one and the same?:suspect:

I've always thought that quiet a few folk on here have multi names.

If you want to have some thing verified or proven, check it yourself to disprove it then come back with an informed intelligent answer, this is after all a debate forum.

But just to give you a head start Lib/Hal

Driving whilst on the phone,

The 11-7 law on noise

Drinking in the street

Loitering

to name but a few.

All you "No's" and advocates of the softly, softly aproach to killers and the like, obviously have never had someone close to you murdered. I have and believe me your whole view on things changes dramatically.

I think they should ask the familys how it has effected their lives as they do in the US courts before they pass sentence.

I don't think they should be executed, not because i'm against it, i'm not, but because i think they should spend the rest of their lives rotting in prison the same way their victims are rotting in the ground.

The laws in this country are a joke and half of them are not even enforced.

It's about time people started having a little empathy for the victims and their familys rather than the perpetrators.

Hi liza, I think we chatted about this some time ago when discussing the sentences of the guys involved in the murder of the taxi driver in Burngreave.

They both got minimum sentences in excess of 30 years each, I think the sentencing judge had a lot of empathy for the victim there.

Very long sentences are quite routine for crimes of that nature.

Driving whilst on the phone,

It is enforced, there aren't many unsuccessful prosecutions for it.

The 11-7 law on noise

It is, but obviously a complaint has to be received and investigated.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Neighbours-told-to-keep-noise.5429434.jp

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Injunction-for-nusiance-neighbour.4512198.jp

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/New-team-to-tackle-noise.5718846.jp

Drinking in the street

It's not neccesarily against the law to drink in public, but where prohibition orders are issued the rules are enforced.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/barnsley/Crackdown-on-boozy-parents-on.5714696.jp

Loitering

There is a law that prohibits loitering, but for a prosecution to be successful it usually has to be associated with criminal or anti social behaviour otherwise a lot of grannies would be arrested for standing in the queue outside Marks & Spencers ;)

All you "No's" and advocates of the softly, softly aproach to killers and the like, obviously have never had someone close to you murdered. I have and believe me your whole view on things changes dramatically.

i very narrowly avoided getting killed by someone and i mean VERY narrowly so i'm afraid that part of your argument does not stand. i still voted no in the poll.

Drinking in the street

There is no law against drinking on the street. It is drinking and doing something else which is illegal, like drinking and disorderly, drinking and driving, drinking and peeing, etc.

Bring back the noose !!!! It will fix broken britain

Bring back the noose !!!! It will fix broken britain

i understand your comment but dont agree with it