Should life mean life?

SHOULD LIFE MEAN LIFE?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. SHOULD LIFE MEAN LIFE?

How it not be the same, both actions are killing someone. That's the same.

Not defending him but that man was suffering from serious mental illness . he warned many times what he was going to do but yet again we hear the same old stock statement " we will learn from this" etc

Yup, and yup they should've acted better, but like the judge said, he didn't just cra k and attack.

It was pre meditated and a sustained act of hatred and racism over a long period of time

How it not be the same, both actions are killing someone. That's the same.

Jesus its like talking to a brick wall,one has had a fair trial the other didn't,do you know what fair means.

The thread is not about death sentencing, anyway, but instead about whether sentences pronounced should mean what they say.

And that seems logical, doesn't it?

And yet we're still not discussing the topic.

And yet we're still not discussing the topic.

yes we are, i threw in another murder case and we were discussing it and whether it has mitigating circumstances

Life should mean life,if not why call it that. If any party was brave enough to have a vote on life means life,it would become law.

Life should mean life,if not why call it that. If any party was brave enough to have a vote on life means life,it would become law.

And it would stop being given as a sentence.

---------- Post added 19-10-2017 at 08:37 ----------

Jesus its like talking to a brick wall,one has had a fair trial the other didn't,do you know what fair means.

Strangely enough it also feels like talking to a brick wall from this side.

Fair trial or not (and fair doesn't always mean either fair or the correct verdict) it's still killing. It's still the same outcome.

And it would stop being given as a sentence.

---------- Post added 19-10-2017 at 08:37 ----------

Strangely enough it also feels like talking to a brick wall from this side.

Fair trial or not (and fair doesn't always mean either fair or the correct verdict) it's still killing. It's still the same outcome.

Its a damn lot fairer than the vivtim,he never ever has a fair trial.Of course its killing and some deserve it.

Its a damn lot fairer than the vivtim,he never ever has a fair trial.Of course its killing and some deserve it.

Same crime, same justification that some murderers use. You lower yourselves to the same level. Killing another human being (unless you're a psychopath) leaves an indelible stain on a person's soul.

Yes I think life should mean life for murderers. Anyone who has sexually abused a child and then murdered them should be kept in prison for the rest of their lives, and there is a few of these freaks of nature in prison at the moment.

I know this is now an historical crime and I have mentioned this on another topic before, but what a pity Brady and Hindley, child torturers and murderers, missed out on the death sentence because it had just been abolished. Any murderer who takes pleasure in torturing then murdering their victims does not deserve to live.

If hanging these people makes the state as bad as the criminal I can live with that. Life should mean life for these people because the death penalty is no longer an option.

Yes I think life should mean life for murderers. Anyone who has sexually abused a child and then murdered them should be kept in prison for the rest of their lives, and there is a few of these freaks of nature in prison at the moment.

I know this is now an historical crime and I have mentioned this on another topic before, but what a pity Brady and Hindley, child torturers and murderers, missed out on the death sentence because it had just been abolished. Any murderer who takes pleasure in torturing then murdering their victims does not deserve to live.

If hanging these people makes the state as bad as the criminal I can live with that. Life should mean life for these people because the death penalty is no longer an option.

Quoted in error, apologies.

Edited by Halibut

Same crime, same justification that some murderers use. You lower yourselves to the same level. Killing another human being (unless you're a psychopath) leaves an indelible stain on a person's soul.

What actually is a persons soul? :huh:

Must you be religious to believe we have souls?