Should life mean life?

SHOULD LIFE MEAN LIFE?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. SHOULD LIFE MEAN LIFE?

You'd prosecute a ten year old schoolboy for a playground scrap? Really?

Let's suppose I had been prosecuted - how do you think a criminal record would have impacted on the thirty year career I've had in nursing and education?

I think you're letting your personal antipathy towards me cloud your judgement.

Re your last statement - you clearly have very little recent experience of schools, and if you're basing your remarks on my story, you're guilty of extraordinary naivety.

Naive why ?

What about people who kill because they're really angry?

Explanation required please. Does it bring the deceased back to life if the murderer who dispatched them was "really angry". I think not, so the wooden overcoat still stands.

Angel1.

Explanation required please. Does it bring the deceased back to life if the murderer who dispatched them was "really angry". I think not, so the wooden overcoat still stands.

Angel1.

You referred to people who kill in cold blood being deserving of being killed in cold blood. It sounded like you thought they were in a different category to impulsive/angry killers. Would you kill people for rape or child sexual abuse too?

If, as you believe, being killed is the appropriate sentence for murder, shouldn't the appropriate penalty for rape be being raped?

If not, why not? Why are they different in your view?

You referred to people who kill in cold blood being deserving of being killed in cold blood. It sounded like you thought they were in a different category to impulsive/angry killers. Would you kill people for rape or child sexual abuse too?

If, as you believe, being killed is the appropriate sentence for murder, shouldn't the appropriate penalty for rape be being raped?

Would I kill (execute I assume you mean) people for rape or child sexual abuse. No because no one died in the act, unlike been murdered. But maybe they should be incarcerated for the rest of their miserable lives. That might make them think twice before committing rape or child sexual abuse.

As for your second point, (If, as you believe, being killed is the appropriate sentence for murder, shouldn't the appropriate penalty for rape be being raped? If not, why not? Why are they different in your view) I think my answer above covers your questions.

Angel1.

Would I kill (execute I assume you mean) people for rape or child sexual abuse. No because no one died in the act, unlike been murdered. But maybe they should be incarcerated for the rest of their miserable lives. That might make them think twice before committing rape or child sexual abuse.

As for your second point, (If, as you believe, being killed is the appropriate sentence for murder, shouldn't the appropriate penalty for rape be being raped? If not, why not? Why are they different in your view) I think my answer above covers your questions.

Angel1.

If killing is so very awful, why do you think killing is an appropriate sanction for killing?

Yes Yes Yes

Yes Yes Yes

How would you most enjoy killing other human beings? Stabbing? Shooting? Strangulation?

Perhaps beating them to death with fists and feet?

Perhaps you could offer some explanation why you wouldn't rape rapists and think killing them is more appropriate.

Edited by Halibut

How would you most enjoy killing other human beings? Stabbing? Shooting? Strangulation?

Perhaps beating them to death with fists and feet?

Perhaps you could offer some explanation why you wouldn't rape rapists and think killing them is more appropriate.

A noose would do nicely , or lethal injection.

If you take a life intentionally you should be locked up for the rest of your life. I also think the privileges they get in prison now days like pool tables and televisions should be taken away and all prisoners weather murderers, thieves, drug pushers, paedophiles, and other low-life's who cause so much misery for the decent good people in this world, should be made to work for any privilege's as they were made to do up until the do-gooders fought for their human rights. I can hear the protests against my opinion's now, but I say what about the rights of the victims, their family's who are missing a son, daughter, brother, sister, mother or father. In some cases I would go as far as bringing back the death sentence, these days with CCTV and DNA evidence there's little or no doubt of a crime, and in view of the terrible murder of Lee Rigby a few years ago I wouldn't hesitate to have his killer's hung.

The scum In Worcester rioted yesterday partly due that they had to stay in their cells longer.

The scum In Worcester rioted yesterday partly due that they had to stay in their cells longer.

Human beings. You need to remember that prisoners are people.

My heart bleeds for them. NOT

---------- Post added 12-10-2017 at 17:38 ----------

Human beings. You need to remember that prisoners are people.

This attitude is the reason why prisons have gone soft ,inmates have it too cushy. The minute you are sent down ,you should lose any rights ,apart from the right to food and water .

Its time prisons were turned back into harsh , horrible places , rather than the holiday camps they have become where criminals have TV`s , radios, pool tables , etc .