Should life mean life?

SHOULD LIFE MEAN LIFE?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. SHOULD LIFE MEAN LIFE?

My heart bleeds for them. NOT

---------- Post added 12-10-2017 at 17:38 ----------

This attitude is the reason why prisons have gone soft ,inmates have it too cushy. The minute you are sent down ,you should lose any rights ,apart from the right to food and water .

Its time prisons were turned back into harsh , horrible places , rather than the holiday camps they have become where criminals have TV`s , radios, pool tables , etc .

You've become a parody of yourself. You can't educate pork.

My heart bleeds for them. NOT

---------- Post added 12-10-2017 at 17:38 ----------

This attitude is the reason why prisons have gone soft ,inmates have it too cushy. The minute you are sent down ,you should lose any rights ,apart from the right to food and water .

Its time prisons were turned back into harsh , horrible places , rather than the holiday camps they have become where criminals have TV`s , radios, pool tables , etc .

How long do you think it will take before a group of people with absolutely nothing to do all day and no chance of early release for good behaviour go mad and riot beyond anything you are currently seeing?

This is why people like you aren't asked for your opinion on things that matter.

This is why people like you aren't asked for your opinion on things that matter.

I'm not sure how'd you know that? But I'm confident that he was asked his opinion whether to remain in the EU or Leave (Brexit) and like most people, I'm fairly sure he has voted for his preferred Political Party in General/Local Elections.

Is there a vetting process I'm not aware of?:huh:

I'm not sure how'd you know that? But I'm confident that he was asked his opinion whether to remain in the EU or Leave (Brexit) and like most people, I'm fairly sure he has voted for his preferred Political Party in General/Local Elections.

Is there a vetting process I'm not aware of?:huh:

So you can tell me which political parties campaigned in the recent general election to transform UK prisons into gulags then I assume? How many seats did they win?

So you can tell me which political parties campaigned in the recent general election to transform UK prisons into gulags then I assume? How many seats did they win?

You missed my point. Clearly his opinion does matter given that he votes..

You missed my point. Clearly his opinion does matter given that he votes..

Universal suffrage and literally being asked to provide an opinion on actual government policy and drafting manifesto pledges are different. I didn't miss your point at all. No political party campaigned to transform prisons into gulags.

My reply to this thread about should life mean life and my rant about murderers getting the death sentence is merely my opinion. But yes punishment should fit the crime. Rapists, remove their balls. I'm sure any woman having suffered rape would agree. Those sick ******** who are paedophiles, any scum who preys on a child for sexual gratification should be put down. Scum bags who beat the crap out of a pensioner for the little money they have, and this includes the mugging of anyone else too should have their ****ing thieving hand cut off, and I add the slime who burgle the homes of hard working people to this punishment too. Ask yourself. If your grand parents were mugged, or your parents, brother, sister or yourself how would you feel? How would you feel if your home was burgled. Would you say 'The little scallywags deserve a slap on the wrist' OR 'Id like to get my hands on those ******** and cut their ****ing hands off'. I can tell you now what you'd say and how you'd feel. I've been on this planet 58 years and in that time I've seen the society in our country disintegrating and if something isn't done soon it will dissolve altogether. Let the punishment fit the crime. If I was to break the law I would expect to be punished. Lets make the prison's as they were once before and remove their sodding televisions, radios, pool tables and other soft touches they have in prison and turn them into harsh places instead of bloody holiday camps. It seems that in this day and age the scum of our world get it easy and the victims get sod all justice what so ever. And now I've calmed down a bit I'm closing this rant down and going to make myself a cup of tea.

Guest makapaka
My reply to this thread about should life mean life and my rant about murderers getting the death sentence is merely my opinion. But yes punishment should fit the crime. Rapists, remove their balls. I'm sure any woman having suffered rape would agree. Those sick ******** who are paedophiles, any scum who preys on a child for sexual gratification should be put down. Scum bags who beat the crap out of a pensioner for the little money they have, and this includes the mugging of anyone else too should have their ****ing thieving hand cut off, and I add the slime who burgle the homes of hard working people to this punishment too. Ask yourself. If your grand parents were mugged, or your parents, brother, sister or yourself how would you feel? How would you feel if your home was burgled. Would you say 'The little scallywags deserve a slap on the wrist' OR 'Id like to get my hands on those ******** and cut their ****ing hands off'. I can tell you now what you'd say and how you'd feel. I've been on this planet 58 years and in that time I've seen the society in our country disintegrating and if something isn't done soon it will dissolve altogether. Let the punishment fit the crime. If I was to break the law I would expect to be punished. Lets make the prison's as they were once before and remove their sodding televisions, radios, pool tables and other soft touches they have in prison and turn them into harsh places instead of bloody holiday camps. It seems that in this day and age the scum of our world get it easy and the victims get sod all justice what so ever. And now I've calmed down a bit I'm closing this rant down and going to make myself a cup of tea.

I’m glad people with these views aren’t in power - the world would be far scarier than it is now.

You need to stop reading The Sun.

If, as you believe, being killed is the appropriate sentence for murder, shouldn't the appropriate penalty for rape be being raped?

If not, why not? Why are they different in your view?

Because that really would make the state as bad as the criminal.

Death shouldn't be the penalty for all murders, but for people like mass murderer Ted Bundy where the crimes were so horrendous and the evidence so overwhelming, the death penalty is absolutely the right sentence.

A life for a life...... in cases where guilt can be proven 100% then bring back capital punishment

Real answer: the sentence which the Court pronounces should be what operates in the real world. Life would mean life. 10yrs. would mean 10yrs. Etc.

The remission/parole/early release schemes artificially inflate:

a. the sentences pronounced; and

b. the prison population.