Please help! where is S4?

Good evening all!

Just wondring if anyone can help me? I am considering renting a house in s4 but unsure what the area is called (i know where it is just unsure what area it falls into) ..lol:huh: Also what is the area like? any help would be appreciated!!

Is this an area to avoid or does it have its good and bad like most places?, i have a young child so her welfare is my main concern.

Many Thanks :)

Good evening all!

Just wondring if anyone can help me? I am considering renting a house in s4 but unsure what the area is called (i know where it is just unsure what area it falls into) ..lol:huh: Also what is the area like? any help would be appreciated!!

Is this an area to avoid or does it have its good and bad like most places?, i have a young child so her welfare is my main concern.

Hi S4 covers a large area. Grimesthorpe, Pagehall between Northern General and Meadowhall. I used to live in S4 in the late 90s. My husband was born there. Like most places in Sheffield it has its good and bad bits. Never did us any harm.

Have you actually tried typing in google "sheffield S4 area" ?? you have a computer ... please use it yourself before using other peoples time... ??? Shouldn't a mod have wrote that ??

:huh: P.S. the next post is by a nerd ;)

Edited by RIZRAT

Good evening all!

Hiya

Firvale and Page Hall are s4, where I used to live.

I had truly wonderful neighbours there and found it to be a friendly area, didn't have any problems.

Some people do have a negative view of the area but I enjoyed living there and it is on good bus routes to town, meadowhall etc

Have you actually tried typing in google "sheffield S4 area" ?? you have a computer ... please use it yourself before using other peoples time... ??? Shouldn't a mod have wrote that ??

:huh:

...or written it. I would have thought the "Mods" are far better mannered.

Thankyou rizrat for your helpful input into my thread but yes i did try that first of all, Like you say since i have a computer i might as well make the most of it!!

However, s4 seems to be a widespread area and i got a little confused, happens to the most of us at somepoint thats why i came on here asking for :help:

To all the others that have commented thank you for your help :)

where in S4 are you looking at renting, S4 covers a large are with a variety of good/bad areas like most post codes

holywell heights is probably the newest estate with the higher value properties

Edited by dongle

be careful of page hall road as lots of eastern european prostitutes live on that street

but some parts are ok i guess around barnsley road and near the ngh:)

It's the area to the right of firth park rd, Hinde house lane, willoughby street, Hinde street, Page Hall Rd and everything in the middle (S4 8..) :thumbsup:

have a search for holywell heights theres a couple i believe for rent

It's the area to the right of firth park rd, Hinde house lane, willoughby street, Hinde street, Page Hall Rd and everything in the middle (S4 8..) :thumbsup:

if i was you i would hold out til you can find a better area as those parts are a bit rough lots of crime etc

Holywell Heights are really nice, as dongle said, there might be a few for rent. Although, arent they S9? Im no good with postcodes..