Open Pushing Hands Meet

I'm a practitioner of Yi Chuan, Chen Style Tai Chi, Bagua and Kung Fu. I'd like to arrange a regular meet, maybe in the Botanical Gardens, for practitioners in Sheffield to train and push together. Any forms accepted, from simple fixed step all the way to full contact. Anyone from student to National Championship/Instructor level welcome. Having had regular meets in London for the last 6 years I've found this kind of meet to be hugely beneficial to all involved. Meets are also a great place to meet people interested in Internal arts and discuss/compare training methods and styles. Obviously no charge, the only requirement is a respectfull chivalrus attitude to martial training. Please email me if you are interested and I can start co-ordinating the meet. MischaHill84@googlemail.com

Looking foward to pushing with you,

Mischa

Is this similar to what they do in Wing Chun and Lau Gar?

Is this similar to what they do in Wing Chun and Lau Gar?

Wing Chun "chi sau" (as demonstated here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaP1X-lEtgc) is simlar in some ways to the "push hands" of internal arts, especialy at higher levels of practice. Although wing chun practitioners tend to put more emphasis on striking. "Push hands" usualy emphasise unbalancing their opponent, "taking their centre" of gravity, and usualy do not strike. That is not to say internal arts practicioners do not strike, that is not at all true. But that the training method of push hands is a means to an end, that end being the disruption of your oponents balance, therfore rendering them vulnrable and unable to effectively attack or defend. Here is a good exaple of this:

This is by no means a concise explanation of push hands. The subject is huge, and constantly debated. Also, I'm afraid I have not seen anthing that resembles push hands within Lau Gar, but if you have some examples I would very much like to see them, as I'm constantly debating push hands!

Regards,

Mischa

Afraid I've no examples of Lau Gar push hands at all. I've only heard that they do it.

Yichuanman

lau gar push hands can be a little like a combination of different types of push hands but allot of the lau gar people tend to do it more like wing chun.

iv sent you an email