The evil games of god? Or just facts of life?

Not posted for some time; had a baby girl [Neve] and lost a grandfather [in-law]. The most amazing thing i have seen was Desmond [our gerts grandad] holding my little baby in his arms 6 weeks ago. Little did any of us know he would be dead the week after. A massive stroke wiped out one of the most influential figures of my life and with it of of life's great characters.

It all began 6 weeks ago with the birth of my little bundle of joy who now goes by the name of Neve. It was the most ridiculous experience of my life, as all parents will know. But for me it created a picture of life in its most beautiful simple way-reproduction.

Pro-creation is god for me, it's what life is all about. The birth of any child far outweighs any superstition carried by any human being because its real, it actually happens and it actually feels like every step you ever made; all of a sudden makes sense. No wishy washy "may mean this, may mean that" type guidance offered by religious scripture-just plain old- "this is what life is all about".

My story and feelings were further enhanced when within a few weeks a close relative and a spearhead of our family had a stroke and died in his own in his basement. Not without a fight though. He had climbed to his feet and tried to climb the stairs. RIP Desmond Helliwell-A dad-A grandad-A great grandad-A true gent.

But again it puts me back in the same point of view. This is life. It can be cruel with one hand while stroking the back of your needing neck with its other. It is remarkable, and for that i thank my parents, not a fantasy god- but real life gods and hero's; my mum and dad.

Say what you will but i saw the death of Des before it happened. I was often told a story of my great grandad holding me when i was a couple of weeks old and "glancing his life into my eyes". I saw that very same thing happen with Des and my daughter. I saw the future. But i could always say that couldn't i? If he died a year later the same suggestion could be made. I could have seen this as a vision or predicting the future. I could also see it as fate. But i didn't, i saw it has life. Life. Ignorance to the intricacies of life would tell me this was a "sign" a "signal from beyond" or a "message from god" and who knows what, only i know better. This was life. A short sharp insight to the wonders of the planet and the universe, and that was at 85 years old. I'm 28.

Edited by devil6

Life and death co-exist. Every life experiences this inevitable. The time, age and reasons could vary from person to person. These are not evil games of God, they're facts. I know loss of loved ones is devastating, but time is the greatest healer (to an extent). Eventually we all are going to die and held responsible for our deeds.

Regards,

Death and birth are both part of the circle of life. To the best of my knowledge there is no such thing as god, so it would be foolish to imagine that these are anything other than natural occurences, in my opinion. I think we feel some things more keenly when our emotions and senses are heightened by momentous events such as the beginning and ending of life. Tempting as it might be to see things as part of some grand plan, I think its all just part of what we call life.

Sorry to hear of your loss and congratulations on the birth of Neve, feels weird saying that in the same sentence but I know exactly how you feel - sometimes you just sit and think about life and death and wonder exactly what the score is. I met my uncle who I haven't seen for many years only a few weeks ago and we sat and talked for ages about my father and other family related things and I was enlightened by alot of stuff that he told me which I'd never have known. How they grew up, places they went to, jobs they had etc.. I heard last week that he passed away after having a heart attack and although I was gutted to hear it, I thanked god I got to meet him when I did.

Make the most of life with your kids, they only ever get one set of parents and when your gone, they're left with all the traits you gave them.

Edited by Lestat