My car has broken down and i could do with some advice

rule number 1 always fit a new timing belt to a second hand engine, engines form scrap yards dont come with any history an most of the time only have a 30 day guarantee.

rule number 2 never fit a second hand timing belt.

Fair point, however, I'm speaking from my point of view, all of my car is being done on a budget, however, for about £15 off ebay, you can't moan for a timing belt I suppose

my timing belt went on my car a few months ago, nackered engine, The cheapest second hand engine with any warranty on it was £350 then it cost me £350 to be fitted. I searched all he over to get it done cheaper and that was the cheapest by far. Good luck! Hope yours isnt as bad as mine was

advertise it for parts on Ebay, you will get £400 on parts

you would be a VERY lucky person to find a 16valve scenic engine for £200,we have just done a scenic and fitted a new head,the head was £900+vat plus our labour,this was a brand new head though

Had the car two days.

Paid £950 for it, and if it is too expensive repair, it might be a scrappage, cost me a massive hit for nothing.

To be honest i'm livid about it all

Was it from a dealer of private sale ?

If it was from a dealer, you do have some rights...

Never trust French cars.

I agree 100%! :hihi:

just for information purposes and to try and educate myself, how did you know your timing belt had gone. What happened?

Hello everyone, i drive a Renault Scenic 16v, and today the timing belt has gone on it on the M1.

Has anyone had this problem before?

How much did it cost to repair?

What would be the best way to get it repaired and where is the best place to go for it doing?

Cheers

Give Gareth a ring at G Tech 0114 278 1476

He does everything but I think he specializes in french cars.