Panorama - Undercover: Hate on the Doorstep

Which is why i'm so glad to have moved, and I'm white! you realise just how racist and vile some specimens in Sheffield actually are.

You only need to come on here to see that sometimes. :(:(

I only watched the first few minutes. In that sort of area, if your face doesn't fit or if you get on the wrong side of one of the hard families, you get treat like that no matter what colour or nationality you are. They're just real scummers and don't know any better. It's probably a lot worse if you're foreign though. British born asians might have got on better perhaps?

You only need to come on here to see that sometimes. :(:(

That's what really puts me off this forum, and Sheffield, I'd have never of thought racism would be this bad in Sheffield when it has a reputation for being liberal and welcoming.

I only watched the first few minutes. In that sort of area, if your face doesn't fit or if you get on the wrong side of one of the hard families, you get treat like that no matter what colour or nationality you are. They're just real scummers and don't know any better. It's probably a lot worse if you're foreign though. British born asians might have got on better perhaps?

They were British born weren't they? They were just pretending to have come from overseas for the show.

Edited by donuticus

It'll be on the Iplayer too I would think.

Here it is.

Edit to include link.

Am I supposed to be able to watch it on the link? Or do I have to wait a few days before they put it there?

I click the link and I just get an info page. It could be my browser, or a setting or something?

Edited by Wildcat

That's what really puts me off this forum, and Sheffield, I'd have never of thought racism would be this bad in Sheffield when it has a reputation for being liberal and welcoming.

Sheffield isn't that bad, nor is the forum. There are a handful of racists stirring things up some with histories of multiple identities but don't let that fool you that they are anything other than a minority.

what a shame, that poor girl. Glass/slaps/muggings - makes me ashamed to be english.

Am I supposed to be able to watch it on the link? Or do I have to wait a few days before they put it there?

I click the link and I just get an info page.

I think it is being re-shown on News 24 in the morning and it will then be available on Iplayer.

well not ashamed. humbled. not everyones like that but in 2009 it seems racial tension is simmering in a lot of towns. never lived in bristol though so dont know if its a chav town or not

I think it is being re-shown on News 24 in the morning and it will then be available on Iplayer.

Thank you :thumbsup:

I will have another look tomorrow.

Many of the racist posts are from people who have multiple usernames and many don't even come from Sheffield eg Phil Anthrop + all his aliases, Serapis (Luton) PV + all her usernames. I'm sure of course that there are racist posts from some people who are from Sheffield. But I think that generally Sheffied has pretty good race relations, certainly compared to most places.

They were British born weren't they? They were just pretending to have come from overseas for the show.
I don't know, but I thought they seemed to have a bit of an accent? So even if they were british born, were they acting a part of being immigrants? They might have treat any foreigners the same way, is all I'm saying, wherever they came from.

I had some student mates who rented a house on an estate, and they had some right hassle from the locals.