Panorama - Undercover: Hate on the Doorstep

Give me a break !! This woman and her undercover partner were deliberately walking into groups of kids on a deprived housing estate and filming it for the dramatic affect! Of course you're gonna get that kind of reaction off kids if you deliberately do that. This program is sensationalist. Anybody who lives on an estate like that knows that you take sensible precautions ....for instance not walking into groups of unruly drunken teenagers, just to see what will happen, it's flipping obvious what's going to happen. For the reporters to act all shocked and offended is absolutely ridiculous, they knew jolly well what they were doing, and their behaviour was cynically calculated to get a reaction off the children ! Which is of course they got. Dumb show that tells us nothing about the real state of racism in this country!

I have heard the term used, but I don't quite understand what talking black is, can anyone explain?

Wagwan bruv, me tell u bout this tings!

Easy blud.

yawn

my apologies, this was quite rude of me, having this chuffing virus is making me irritable and unlikable

same goes to you Jimmy.

my original comment wasn't directed at anyone, but just me being exasperated at the world i see around me sometimes

:)

Having just seen the program it just sums up everything that is wrong with this country. It really is the pits. Hated by most countries in Europe for years I can see why.

Even my grandparents who have always fiercely defended the country said "I don't blame you, if I were younger I would be on the first flight" when telling them I want to move abroad.

It doesn't just happen to people of different race either.

i'm watching it now. its absolutely discusting. Makes me ashamed to be white!

racist.....

my apologies, this was quite rude of me, having this chuffing virus is making me irritable and unlikable

same goes to you Jimmy.

my original comment wasn't directed at anyone, but just me being exasperated at the world i see around me sometimes

:)

No worries, hope you feel better soon!

So do you think it is acceptable to hit people in the street merely for having the audacity to walk past their house?

To throw rocks, cans of coke at people while hurling racist abuse is that ok too?

No not at all, but why is it worse if this is done for racial reasons rather than any other? Yobs are yobs whatever their motivation. There is a good cure for yobberey called prison. They work. They seperate out the bad elements of society from the rest of us.

Give me a break !! This woman and her undercover partner were deliberately walking into groups of kids on a deprived housing estate and filming it for the dramatic affect! Of course you're gonna get that kind of reaction off kids if you deliberately do that. This program is sensationalist. Anybody who lives on an estate like that knows that you take sensible precautions ....for instance not walking into groups of unruly drunken teenagers, just to see what will happen, it's flipping obvious what's going to happen. For the reporters to act all shocked and offended is absolutely ridiculous, they knew jolly well what they were doing, and their behaviour was cynically calculated to get a reaction off the children ! Which is of course they got. Dumb show that tells us nothing about the real state of racism in this country!

How would someone who had never lived on an estate like that know instinctively how to behave? Fiona Pilkington and her daughter had lived in the UK all their lives and on their estate for years and were still targeted for being 'different'.

The Panorama reporters were to all intents and purposes living on that estate. Most times they came out of their home they had to pass some of those 'kids' some of whom appeared to be around 20. If they were really living there do you think they'd have stayed indoors all the time? The couple didn't instigate any conversation, they just went about their business - like anyone should be able to. The programme showed people being pleasant and helpful, as when the man in the vest intervened when the two young boys were threatening to rob the woman. The reporters were putting themselves in the shoes of others who might find themselves in a similar situation.

No not at all, but why is it worse if this is done for racial reasons rather than any other? Yobs are yobs whatever their motivation. There is a good cure for yobberey called prison. They work. They seperate out the bad elements of society from the rest of us.

Prison: a good cure for yobbery? You're avin a larrrrffff....

Also on the Jeremy Vine programme a WHITE burly bailiff from Bristol told all that he gets 7 hours of RACIAL abuse daily from all the Bristol estates.

But he's a bailiff. His wife probably calls him a cocksniffer the minute he walks through the door of an evening.

Try telling that to the racially attacked innocent families in Gleadless. I'm white and even had to move because of the physical abuse after defending them.

I had all kinds of abuse which I can't type on this forum, had youths urinating on my door, smashing cars, the lot. All from specimens who actually talked black !

Good on you for sticking up for your neighbours, by the way. I don't think anyone would argue that there isn't racism against white people, but I think the magnitude of racism against non-whites is much greater. Through work I'm aware of many households who have had to move because of racial harassment (confirmed by police); only two of those have been white, and neither of those were British.

I caught the last 20 minutes of this and that was enough to make me feel sick to the stomach.

The questions I was left with were:

1, For balance, film a white person walking through a largely black or minority race area and film it so we can see the reactions;

2, Then film an ex-British army recruit, minus a limb or two being wheeled through the kind of dead-end estate we witnessed last night. Because

3, I honestly don't think the trash that spend their days and nights littering the streets of these broken environments have the brains nor 'intelligence' to actually be racist, but use their lack of brain-power and defecated mindsets to insult and assault anyone who dares walk through their streets.

In other words, whilst the abuse shown was clearly of a racist nature, what really nagged me is that there must be estate after estate filled with tumbleweed, tracksuit bottom-wearing dossers like those shown last night who are free to continue to spit, punch and throw verbal assaults at the rest of society because it actually makes them feel good at something - and hey, that's a big plus in their miserable dead-end, going nowhere lives.

Black, white, disabled, fat, glasses wearing, limbless, authority figures, mums and dads, young and old and the like are all targets for this street scum who thanks to our elected (Labour) and unelected (EU and Cherie Booth QC) have become untouchable and beyond the reach of the law and the courts.

It was an ugly account of broken Britain and yes, I felt quite ashamed by it.