Linking PS3 and PC to internet at same time

im sick of pulling the ethernet cable in and out of my pc to put it into the ps3, i was thinkin of ordering this http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000087H93/ref=ox_ya_oh_product so i can have the pc and ps3 connected wi out aving to pull cables out and also so i can use them at same time, is this wot i need ?

Edited by cavalier_SRi

ive got an x box 360 and a desktop with a wireless card in i connect to x box live and surf net at same time so think it should wrk with ps3 ..hook up ur ps3 to ur pc tho an erthnet connection the open network connetions then do it frm there

but i ant gota wireless card in my pc ive gone all wired because wireless in our house is rubbish its slow as hell because im upstairs in the bedroom.

Gona take a leap and assume you are with NTL.

Cable router = £35

My mum got a wireless router off them for free iirc, though. So just ask them.

wireless router is the way to go,i have a netgear one,got my pc and 360 both wired in to it with ethernet and my ps3 connected by wifi.

An ethernet switch would do the job, yes, because I have my xbox hooked up with a length of CAT5 cable as I am not prepared to fork out £50 for a wireless adapter.

Both my PC and xbox 360 are running through the 10/100 Fast Ethernet Switch and I have no problems.

Unless times have changed, you cant just plug a switch into an NTL t'internet box. It has to be a router.

If hes got internet through an isp working via bt exchange, then he might still not have a pure router, even if hes using a cat 5 cable currently to connect devices. The thing Talk Talk used to send out could connect via either usb or ethernet, but didnt offer any routing that I could tell (no ip address to go to for its setup pages etc).

i have gone fully wired for my ps3 and pc because i am upstairs in the back bedroom and the wireless orange live box is downstairs in the living room at the front, and the wireless signal is rubish for me upstairs its way too slow for my needs.

so i now have a cat5 ethernet cable going from the live box upstairs and into my room and into the back of my pc but i have to take the ethernet out of the pc to put it in the ps3 and tht means moving a few of my electrical items to re-wire it to the ps3, so i have ordered that switch box so i can plug them all in together without having to remove a cable.