Shamblers Walk - Longdendale, Sun 25th October

Well I think this now needs laying to rest on here as it will just go on and on..

It does need discussing tho, maybe at a pub meet to include everyone so each can give thier opinion if they want to.. if someone can't make a meet maybe put it in a email or pm so it can be read at the meet.

Maybe Lohtse might attend to give us some needed advice?

Great pics btw Taxman

To say that we only seperated by a few hundred metres in wrong, apart from Alligin who stayed with us and Lohste who kept popping back we never saw anyone in eye range infront of us for roughly half an hour, forgive me if that wouldn't make you uneasy and apprehensive but it did us.
Fair comments VO, I'm going to download my tracker to try and derive some real figures for you. I will agree that the situation would not have made me uneasy, but again you are making my point for me that perception is one of the issues here that we may have to address. We all knew where you were and that you were safe, Lohtse was flitting between the groups as you say. We knew that you were safe in a small self contained group, so we all waited for you as we always do. Had there been any real danger or problem you would have been descended upon within minutes by at least half the group comming to assist you!

I think, as I said much earlier in this thread, we all need to let this rest as far as posting on the forum is concerned.

Also as I have mentioned earlier, I will make sure that we arrange a meeting in the near future for all who want to attend to come & discuss this in a positive way so that we can learn from it & move forward.

I'm sorry if I have not put a date up yet, but we need to ensure that all people who feel they want to discuss this in a pleasant manner over a pint, are available to do so.

As I keep saying, let's take a chill pill & discuss it over a pint together when people have had chance to calm down & see things clearer & get the whole thing back into perspective.

So, end of matter now - until the meeting.

Iwe need to ensure that all people who feel they want to discuss this in a pleasant manner over a pint, .

yeh lets get ****** then we can all kick each others head in lol:hihi:

Great pics btw Taxman

I love the photo's Taxman.

Cheers :)....................

Hi all

I don't want to be involved in this debate???? but I have to say that a GOOD leader would not have needed to stop, he or she would have moderated the pace to keep ALL relatively close together.

I also have to be sarcastic Keefy, you ask what dangers, look in the mirror you carried a map round your neck but had to ask me where you was! was you using it as a scarf.

Oh and by the way this walk was by no means challenging but then in depends on your experience. To close this little post I find it disgusting for people to publish what I think are derogative comments because a man was worried about his wife's well being, especially a man who has taken such time effort and dedication to organise walks for so long.

Also Keefy you did offer a water proof but as for the 2 or 3 offers to stay with the lady they only came surprisingly from the 2 most experienced people not from anyone else including you.

Oh the irony lol. This scenario reminds of a certain walk we did up to Bradfield, along Dam Flask. I believe we were on the homeward bound stretch and I was struggling somewhat with a dodgy foot. I seem to recall that I got left behind to sit it out on a bench, by which time the rest of the group had disappeared. Not once did anyone come back to assist me.

Fortunately, it was nothing serious and I could hobble back to civilisation, but you can see where I coming from with this. Had it been anything more then who knows. So, it seems everyone who were left trailing on Sunday's walk were in a decent position whereas safety goes. You were as a group, you knew where you were going, you had provisions, first aid and were adequately clothed. It's not like you were left alone without any idea.

It seems this has been blown out of proportion :roll:

Edited by Agent Orange

I also have to be sarcastic Keefy...
That's a shame, but I do get the gist - shoot the messenger! I was not keeping an exact track of where we were at all times, which is why I asked you for confirmation, I am not afraid to ask if I am not absolutely sure.

No I did not offer to stay with the lady, I already knew that she would not be alone, I did however offer equipment that I thought might help.

But OK, I do know when I'm beaten, and I know that common sense and discussion is long gone out of this issue. Only one persons opinion counts, any form of reasoned debate is not going to happen.

I'll leave it at that.

I'm sorry folks, but I'm closing this thread.

Everyone will get a chance to air their views in a meeting at a later date - as yet to be decided.