iPhone apps - what to get?

what apps to get?i want a budget app,one to listern to radio,and any other cool ones.

and a question if any one could help,how do you organise what icons are on the display(at min ive got stocks and shares and other apps im not bothered about.they was on itwhen i switched it on.)also is there an some way of viewing picture messages sent to me without having to go on o2 website?

thanks in advance for any help;)

Edited by owls4eva

What apps you get are a matter of personal choice - just do a search for "radio" on the App Store and read the reviews. "Cool" is relative; what I would consider "cool" are Shazam (free), RedLaser (paid), Train Search (free), Google Earth (free). Maybe get PandoraBox (free) and see what's available worldwide.

To organize the display, just press and hold any icon till they start wobbling... You can then move them around by dragging or delete them by touching the X. When you've finished, press the Home button.

Don't really understand the picture messages bit - can't you just see them by opening the Messages app?

Shazam is cool although the youtube option on Shazam doesnt always take you to the right music video.

what apps to get?i want a budget app,one to listern to radio,and any other cool ones.

and a question if any one could help,how do you organise what icons are on the display(at min ive got stocks and shares and other apps im not bothered about.they was on itwhen i switched it on.)also is there an some way of viewing picture messages sent to me without having to go on o2 website?

thanks in advance for any help;)

To view picture messages you just need the latest firmware. For organising apps, press and hold on any app icon to go into edit mode, where you can move and delete them. Annoyingly, all the ones it comes with, including stocks (even more annoyingly because the free Bloomberg app does exactly the same thing but miles better) can't be deleted.

As for apps, PocketMoney is a brilliant budgeting app, couldn't live without it. I also make much use of Echofon, RedLaser, Canabalt, DocsToGo and the Sky Sports Score Centre.

thanks for the info .

ive got the mms working now,o2 hadnt set it up straight away.but now soon as i get one,i can see it without going online.:D

that pocket money app seems hard to use(got the free version first),is the paid for version better.just wanna put in my monthly income then my monthly bills,then my spending each day.so that i can keep track of what money is getting spent each month.

ive got that ronnie o sullivan snooker and that is amazing.

not worked out how to get radio 1 yet though,looked through some apps and they havent really got any good ones.

any other day to day useful apps and game apps suggestions would be great.:hihi:

thanks for the info .

ive got the mms working now,o2 hadnt set it up straight away.but now soon as i get one,i can see it without going online.:D

that pocket money app seems hard to use(got the free version first),is the paid for version better.just wanna put in my monthly income then my monthly bills,then my spending each day.so that i can keep track of what money is getting spent each month.

ive got that ronnie o sullivan snooker and that is amazing.

not worked out how to get radio 1 yet though,looked through some apps and they havent really got any good ones.

any other day to day useful apps and game apps suggestions would be great.:hihi:

I find Pocket Monkey easy. Does all that you want of it. Also very nice that you can make a budget for each category, with how much you want to spend on each thing each month, then you assign a category to each transaction, then there's a little chart showing how much you've spent this month versus your allocated balance, with a little line that moves along each day so you can see where you should be at this point. Great for seeing at an instant glance how on track you are for the month.

For games, you'll be wanting Flight Control, Edge, Canabalt and Rock Band. Oh yes.

For other apps, Flashlight, that utility one with a spirit level I forget the name of, RedLaser (it's amazing), DocsToGo is a Word-compatible Office suite, great for typing documents on the bus, Echofon is my Twitter client of choice, and the Facebook and eBay apps if you use either of those sites.

For a radio app get Fstream - its free but you have to add the streams yourself.

This is easy enough - check out http://bbcstreams.com/ for the bbc ones.

Other apps I use all the time are Facebook, Tweetie2, ebay, , Wikpanion, My02, Lastfm, flickr, Dropbox, Instapaper, Flixter, Now Playing, Blogpress.

last fm is worth checking out

I have just got an iphone (love it!), and installed some apps - however when i try to go on them it just goes off straight away. Does anyone know why it may be doing this - do i need to do something? HELP!

I have just got an iphone (love it!), and installed some apps - however when i try to go on them it just goes off straight away. Does anyone know why it may be doing this - do i need to do something? HELP!

Often you'll need to reset your phone for them to work properly. Push and hold the the power button and the front face button together, keep them held for about 20 seconds until the slide to power off screen has been and gone and you just have an Apple logo, leave for a few minutes and it will come back on. That should fix it.

Often you'll need to reset your phone for them to work properly. Push and hold the the power button and the front face button together, keep them held for about 20 seconds until the slide to power off screen has been and gone and you just have an Apple logo, leave for a few minutes and it will come back on. That should fix it.

Never heared this one! I know about the 2 to enter DFU mode, but usually a normal slide to power off, wait till its black, then power back on works... never heared of apps needing a forced reset to work.