Anyone worked at Firth Browns?

hi am Dan my stepfather John wilson worked for firth brown tools he worked as a melal matalogist an a manager he was there for many years until it closed. sadly john passed away in march last year, he tolled many storys of when he worked there. Anyone know of john wilson would like to chat.

Edited by Dan Martin

my dad worked there jim bertram love to know if anybody remembers him

My late Grandfather worked at Firth Browns between 1930 and 1970 as a grinder, he had previously worked at Browns in the 1920's

My dad, Ben Dodd worked at the weighbridge as he got too old for the furnace work

I worked at Firth Brown Tools in the mid 70`s to early 80`s as a miller - firstly in butt welded tool dept. then later on in the shear blade dept.

Bill Ward

Yes I(Paul Moynahan) worked at Firth Browns from 1967 untill it changed to Forgemasters.

I did my apprenticeship in the training shop and worked for many years in the light m/c shop.

It was some of the best years at work, I then moved to south m/c shop when it became Forgemasters, I then took my redundancy in 2002 , I now work for Allvac back on the atlas site so I've come full circle

Yes I(Paul Moynahan) worked at Firth Browns from 1967 untill it changed to Forgemasters.

I did my apprenticeship in the training shop and worked for many years in the light m/c shop.

It was some of the best years at work, I then moved to south m/c shop when it became Forgemasters, I then took my redundancy in 2002 , I now work for Allvac back on the atlas site so I've come full circle[/quote

Do I know you ? :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

It was some of the best years at work, I then moved to south m/c shop when it became Forgemasters, I then took my redundancy in 2002 , I now work for Allvac back on the atlas site so I've come full circle[/quote

Do I know you ? :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Yes and I think your name rings a bell!!!!! Happy retirement mate :thumbsup:

My dad Ron Roe worked at Firth Brown Tools in its latter years until he was made redundant in 1984ish

Yes and I think your name rings a bell!!!!! Happy retirement mate :thumbsup:

Cheers my old mate !!!:)

My dad used to work at Firth Browns in the 1970's, Steve St Clair, I'm not sure what job he did though. He got made redundant in the early 80's I think.

The annual re-union of the melting shop will be on wed 29th dec at the trades & labour club,duke st. Lunch time onwards. Bring some money.