BYOB restaurants in Sheffield Megathread

Ottos, just off Ecclesall Road on Sharrow Vale.

Guest makapaka
god cheapskates or what ?? if you go out enjoy yourself and blow the expense or get a buy one get one free pizza from aldi:roll:

Maybe they don't have enough money to "blow the expense"

So I'm going out with 7 friends tomorrow night on Ecclesall Road, and they want to go to a *preferably* cheap and Italian restaurant (doesn't have to be Italian) where they can bring their own bottle of wine. I was just wondering if anybody had any suggestions?

You're probably better off going to London road as a few of the restaurants are byob. Zeugmas springs to mind... it's not Italian though.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Stay in & put one in the oven!

Ive never understood people going out for a meal that you can quite easily cook yourself!

And doing it on the cheap where you can bring your own alcohol! Have you tried a homeless shelter?

Thought meals out were meant to be a treat!

Edited by Clown Shoes

Realise this it too late for you but if you have another outing may I suggest Bella Napoli on Abbeydale Road. BYO and lovely food and great service. We love it there.

Buy a bottle from the restaurant, that's like bringing your own cans of pop to a cafe. I wouldn't allow it if I was a restaurant owner.

Buy a bottle from the restaurant, that's like bringing your own cans of pop to a cafe. I wouldn't allow it if I was a restaurant owner.

I think they mean a place that does BYO, often wont have a license to sell. its a good option as you can take along a bottle you know is nice and save a bit of money.

I take it you agree with wine pricing in restaurants? £5 in tescos, £17.50 in a restaurant seems pretty standard.

---------- Post added 16-07-2013 at 11:51 ----------

Stay in & put one in the oven!

Ive never understood people going out for a meal that you can quite easily cook yourself!

And doing it on the cheap where you can bring your own alcohol! Have you tried a homeless shelter?

Thought meals out were meant to be a treat!

Are you aware of the concept of BYO? whats so special about getting ripped off with mediocre wine when you can bring a bottle you know to be good?

I think they mean a place that does BYO, often wont have a license to sell. its a good option as you can take along a bottle you know is nice and save a bit of money.

I take it you agree with wine pricing in restaurants? £5 in tescos, £17.50 in a restaurant seems pretty standard.

---------- Post added 16-07-2013 at 11:51 ----------

Are you aware of the concept of BYO? whats so special about getting ripped off with mediocre wine when you can bring a bottle you know to be good?

Theres usually a reason why its BYO.

Because the owner cannot get a license or they use BYO as a marketing tool.

Either way its not a sign of a good restaurant.

It's certainly good to save money, but if that's the case then they could always have tap water in the restaurant with their meal then when they go home they could call to a tesco on the way home and buy a cheap bottle of wine, simple as that.

It's certainly good to save money, but if that's the case then they could always have tap water in the restaurant with their meal then when they go home they could call to a tesco on the way home and buy a cheap bottle of wine, simple as that.

if it was my restaurant would charge for tap water!! why do people think tap water is free?? it isnt!

Too late now but Bella Napoli on Abbeydale Road is great, and BYO. ONly a little place, but lovely.

if it was my restaurant would charge for tap water!! why do people think tap water is free?? it isnt!

you sound delightful. The restaurant business is missing a trick. £1 for a toilet break would also bump up the coffers, except you would have no customers.