£10m boost for Sheffield estate

Because the government is good at wasting money?

Litter, smashed bus stops, parking on grass verges, graffitti..... (should i go on or have you got the idea yet). Shiregreen is a sh*t hole and really just wants knocking down and starting again. £70 million is not going to sort out this estate it will still degenerate into its current state in a matter of years.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.... you live on fox hill and you're pulling shiregreen down???..... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha......ha

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.... you live on fox hill and you're pulling shiregreen down???..... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha......ha

Yes i do, have you been lately its looking great. They have ripped down the nasty flats and are replacing them with a massive new estate, the existing homes have been refurbed and looked after, the roads, footpaths and grass verges are in good condition and private developers have refurbished the shops and are redevloping pocket sites around the estate. Crime rates are down, we have no need for speed humps to slow down joyriders, the doctors surgery is having a new building built and the existing site will be redeveloped for housing. The parks have been refurbished and a new recreation area is being built adjacent to the new housing development. Top this off with a mixture of homes ranging from large stone built detached residences to local authority flats and you have the makings of a thriving community. Not only that the residents actually enjoy living there. How many i hate Foxhill threads do you see on here?

Oh hang on i forgot the main reason we moved there. Countryside surrounding three sides of the estate. Its fantastic, green and wide open space,

Oh hang on i forgot the main reason we moved there. Countryside surrounding three sides of the estate. Its fantastic, green and wide open space,

so foxhill has been transformed from a sh*t hole estate to a nice one by having money spent on it by the goverment but shiregreen should'nt be allowed to... a case of double standards there me thinks!!!

so foxhill has been transformed from a sh*t hole estate to a nice one by having money spent on it by the goverment but shiregreen should'nt be allowed to... a case of double standards there me thinks!!!

The money has been spent by private developers. The demolition works to enable this development where undertaken by the council however the housing stock was deemed as unfit for refurbishment so would have been demolished anyway. The investment by public bodies was minimal when compared to the millions being pumped into Shiregreen.

The "refurbishment" of Shiregreen has so far been a resounding failure. The housing stock looks no better than it did pre refurb and the infrastructure has not been updated to suit the needs of this century. All in all a good example of how an estate should not be run.