• Soft rock
    • Hip Hop
    • Europop
    • Bassline
    • Heavy metal
    • Indie
    • Acid techno
    • Prog rock

I voted modern R & B out of the choices given. Partly because it's formulaic crap, but mostly because I hate the videos. You know the one. (There is only one video.) The slow motion scenes of a "beautiful" couple, all of 20 years old, having a row and breaking up.

The breaking up scenes are always shot (sometimes in black and white) in a stunning £1,000,000 house, which of course is what all 20 year olds have.

One of the couple then always storms out, jumps into a classic retro/expensive convertable/large 4X4 and drives away in a cloud of dust, but with a tear gently rolling down a cheek.

Makes me want to heave.

And also because R & B takes itself way too seriously...

I'd vote for 'rubbish' music. Very narrow minded to vote for one type of music. How can you say without hearing it all?

I'd vote for almost anything produced by X-Factor, that show is appalling. Simon Cowell is doing it to us from a great height.

I'd vote for almost anything produced by X-Factor, that show is appalling. Simon Cowell is doing it to us from a great height.

I don't like X Factor so what I do is not watch it and listen to something I like instead.

Modern "R n B" contains no rythym and no blues - I hate it

Modern "R n B" contains no rythym and no blues - I hate it

That's because in the modern genre "R & B" actually stands for "rapping and beats". Get down wiv da kidz in da hood, granny!

I used to like Our Kid, but then they put me on a register. :confused:

That's because in the modern genre "R & B" actually stands for "rapping and beats". Get down wiv da kidz in da hood, granny!

Watch it homeboy or I will pop a cap in your bottom

Is that correct?

The worst genre is that which you don't like surely?

Where's jazz?

damn I meant to include Free Jazz but I can't edit the poll!

I voted for soft rock, it's really bloody awful. Bon Jovi, Foreigner, that sort of thing, it makes we want to get a machine gun and get my own back

I've voted for Indie... I used to love it in the 90's but it is a genre that hasn't developed at all and still seems to be popular with the same people (now in their 30's and 40's) as it was back then. I'm sure there are a few decent bands out there at the moment, but it all just sounds depressing and the same!