Hurlfield/Grange grammar school for girls

On 12/10/2009 at 20:41, jappi said:

did anyone attend grange grammar school in the 60's

I was there from 1962 to 1969. I was Josie Nixon then 

On 25/10/2012 at 22:02, alpha-red said:

Does anyone still have the LP recorded one Speech Day? Not sure of the year but it was around 1966. I have very fond memories of Speech Day performances at the City Hall under the baton of Miss Williams. Every year group sang a different song, all coming together at the end in one huge sound. Does my memory deceive me?

I don't have a copy but share those wonderful musical memories. Was there from 1962 to 69

On 05/11/2020 at 13:27, Jo Woodward said:

I was there from 1962 to 1969. I was Josie Nixon then 

I was there 62 to 69. Was Susan Baker

On 17/03/2015 at 15:21, oldrowley said:

Does anyone remember Wendy Hall from circa 1953 to say 1958. She was from Edale Road, Ecclesall. If I remember rightly, her dad became landlord of the Miners Arms at Eyam in the mid 1950's. Also was Beryl Ainscow at Grange during the same era.

Hi,

Wendy Hall is my cousin. Her Dad was landlord at the Miners Arms in Eyam before moving to the Park Hotel in Rotherham. They then became landlords at a number of pubs in Somerset. Wendy is married and lives in Gloucestershire.

Hi Josie, Susan and Anne and others from 1962 to 1969

Lovely to discover this site with all the familiar teachers' names and all those wonderful memories.

I am still in contact with Joy, Lynne and Kathryn, even though I have emigrated with my parents to Adelaide in 1970. Now we live in Perth.

I was Heather Hazzlewood 

There will be so many of you who will remember bottle green knickers with pockets!!!!!!

So, I have just published my first book - 'Bottle Green Knickers with Pockets - Growing up in 1950s Sheffield' I have put a photo of it on the forum if you look for the link!!!

I'm sure many of you, or your parents or grandparents!!would enjoy a journey through nostalgia!!!

Contact me on - [email protected] details!! 

I attended ABGS 1959 to 1965. We used to meet a couple of girls from Grange on the bus into town after school...probably 1964/65 ish. Anyone remember an Anne and Christine if I remember correctly?