Whats the best alternative to an iPhone?

Only Android comes close, and you can get them cheaply - check out T Mobile's new pulse.

I personally would get the iphone if you can afford it - avoid the Nokia n97 (a real missed opportunity), anything with Windows Mobile on it and any smart phone that doesn't have WIFI browsing (Blackberry storm).

Nokia 5800 is a step down from the iphone

It's nowhere near the iphone.

Ugly OS and unresponsive touch screen, laughable browser and only a tiny number of horrible applications to choose from.

I like the new Pixon 12, I have the previous version and will be happy to upgrade to the new one when my current contract expires.

Yep, I have 2 applications, one called Fstream which allows me to stream all the BBC channels from the internet and Tuner which has access to thousands of digital stations.

So that would be 'NO', not an FM radio receiver.

I'd recommend a Blackberry curve 8900 or the Bold, although the iphone I think may soon be getting cheaper as O2 will soon have competition with both Orange and Vodafone announcing its imminent introduction onto their networks.

I Phones are absolute rubbish.

If you want to waste 200 quid on a camera phone with a 3MP camera, give it me, and I'll give you my old ericsson.

Get a real phone.

Satio is the winner for me. That or the N97. Satio is free on a decent contract, but I don't know about N97.

So that would be 'NO', not an FM radio receiver.

Alright pedant,

The poster mentioned an FM radio, not an FM receiver.

The quality of the streaming audio does not require manual retuning and delivers the same thing as an FM tuner would anyway.

I don't get this obsession with phone cameras? Sony ericsson still seem to think that adding more megapixels to a pretty terrible lens will sell phones...

Have a phone and have a camera too.

Alright pedant,

The poster mentioned an FM radio, not an FM receiver.

The quality of the streaming audio does not require manual retuning and delivers the same thing as an FM tuner would anyway.

Except for live broadcast. Listen to the pips and hear for yourself. And an FM receiver uses much less current than streaming audio over wifi or HDSPA/EDGE/3G.

Except for live broadcast. Listen to the pips and hear for yourself. And an FM receiver uses much less current than streaming audio over wifi or HDSPA/EDGE/3G.

True but it is a couple of seconds at most.

For a 25 minute cycle commute I can get the today programme without having to have a separate device, which is all that matters.

Dear OP, do not buy an iPhone if you want a real FM receiver in your phone.

I don't get this obsession with phone cameras? Sony ericsson still seem to think that adding more megapixels to a pretty terrible lens will sell phones...

Have a phone and have a camera too.

Tell me something that the I Phone can do that the Satio can't?

Don't say "ooh app store" by the way, because 90% of the apps that aren't pointless rubbish ("ooh it's a lightsaber!") are available on other platforms too.

Better camera

Changeable battery

Memory card slot

Bluetooth (admittedly now fixed in the 3gS)

Video recording (as above)

Free on contracts other than £85 a month monsters

Your turn.