Train Prices to London - OUCH!!

Hi i have just been looking at the prices of a day ticket(return) to London on the 28/10/09 omg £92.00 ONE WAY!! What happened to cheaper rail travel? Think it will be national express, just over an hour longer journey but ££££££'s cheaper !!

If you book in advance, you can catch the 9:27 train for £28 single and only £33 on the 7:41.

There are even cheaper fares around if you search for discounts from various block booking companies.

people who can't find the cheap fares don't deserve to ride the train for sensible prices. its not exactly difficult. pmsl @ £92 one way, you can buy one from the ticket machine for £60 10 minutes before your train leaves.

just to prove a point, just booked a return journey to London St Pancras 1st Class 27/11/09 for £38.

I think that represents good value.

My daughter got a single to Sheffield from London and it cost her £48!! I was not impressed.

Recently travelled by bus in Spain, 57 km., luxury coach, air con, recliner seats, hourly service. How much ???? 3.50 euros. BRITISH PUBLIC TRANSPORT IS A COMPLETE JOKE.

BRITAIN is a joke!!Its not just trains its everything.

If you book in advance you can get cheap fairs. I got return Sheff-London for £22. Would have been £25 with out my rail card. Thats good I think.

Edited by Zinger549

my cost £106 return + booking fee, total rip off

No booking fee unless you thetrainline, so that's the first mistake.

My weekly return Mon morning - Thu evening generally costs around £100 if I want to be in London by 0900. It's a business service charging business prices.

This week I got in for 1030 and so the price was only £80 (total return with the return in 1st).

Yeah, I'd be having an awesome time in the car on the M1 right now. Instead I'm on the stupid train, drinking, on the internet, being served coffee and all on a 35 quid ticket. The car rules when you're going to London, if you're a masochist.

I'm just booking next weeks ticket, 60 quid, 1st each way. Oh, the train is so terrible. Woe are we.

Yeah, I'd be having an awesome time in the car on the M1 right now. Instead I'm on the stupid train, drinking, on the internet, being served coffee and all on a 35 quid ticket. The car rules when you're going to London, if you're a masochist.

I'm just booking next weeks ticket, 60 quid, 1st each way. Oh, the train is so terrible. Woe are we.

haha yes driving to london is such a pleasure!

Its a rip off if you are lazy and dont plan for your journey, simple as.