Broomhill Squatters

No , your point is ?:huh::huh:

I know you're not the sharpest knife in the box BENN, but the answer to your question is blindingly obvious. My twelve year old figured it out straight away.

But since you clearly have some issues understanding even very basic concepts, I'll spell it out for you.

Hard2miss said (of the squatters) ''rats is rats''

My response ''Have you met any of them'' (meaning the squatters) was intended to highlight the stupidity of deciding that all the squatters are 'rats', despite never having met any of them.

Do you get it now?

I doubt it........

its not very often i agree with Hard2miss ,but he is spot on with his post . Swampy and his mates shouldnt be in the building full stop

im just surprised they were allowed to stay in the building so long - i would have sent in the Dogs as soon as they were seen in there

Burn them....they are the embodiment of evil and are pushing our society to the verge of collapse:rolleyes:

Is that OK?................:loopy:

Burn them....they are the embodiment of evil and are pushing our society to the verge of collapse:rolleyes:

Is that OK?................:loopy:

oooh one of the squiffy squatters has a sheffield forforum account;)

evening, me again and ta v much for those who have thanked me for my post.

SCH are going to Court over this tomorrow, so we shall see what occurs. i am suprised at the lack of media interest over this, so i may prostitute my morals to the local redtop equivalent /wireless service and whip up some interest/coverage.

its nice to see the squatters are still using (stealing) the paid for by SCH eleccy etc to join the forum and send messages over the internet (unless of course they are in a bio-fuelled internet cafe off site, then please have my apols)- how considerate of their co-operative ideals.

xgx

ooh, ooh and thrice ooh.

sheff star has yet more comment by the squatters on the situation (search sheff star squatters and it will bring it up and oh yes, they have whacked in a G8/G20, Police Brutality 'link') and apparently we are meant to be grateful for their actions against this as we will suffer from it!!)

apparently according to one of the said squatters they 'intend' to pay for the power they are stealing. Well, then...your subs are due. Pay up. ***rattles tin ***

i have also had a 'Eureka Moment' myself...Matilda. the matilda co-op, cafe and squat that Yorkshire Forward turfed out. from few years ago, near the Moor end of town. same people ad new friends are now squatting at SCH. Vegan Straight Edge Hardcore Punk DIY record label scene running plus some new critical mass green friends. bingo. gotcha.

I know you're not the sharpest knife in the box BENN, but the answer to your question is blindingly obvious. My twelve year old figured it out straight away.

But since you clearly have some issues understanding even very basic concepts, I'll spell it out for you.

Hard2miss said (of the squatters) ''rats is rats''

My response ''Have you met any of them'' (meaning the squatters) was intended to highlight the stupidity of deciding that all the squatters are 'rats', despite never having met any of them.

Do you get it now?

I doubt it........

I got it, but dont take me litral, I know the difference between squatters and rats, you can hire a pest control company to get rid of rats. :D

To be fair I was just peeved off about where they are squatting and let it get to me.

The Squatters are probably a nice bunch when they arnt doing it at the expence of resourses needed for kids.

Just walked past and they're on their way out.

This all sounds like the word of our old friend 0742 / worldwarfree.

If that's the case what was wrong with the old Broomhill Church?

I'm shocked at the venom some of the posters on this group have displayed. These are young people who want to create and do something with their lives and they need some premises for that. Some of you might remember that some of them occupied the Matilda, which was formerly the Yorkshire Artspace - they had computer & cycle repair workshops,ran film shows, put on gigs and it was a vibrant place until the piggies came along and threw them out, it;s been empty ever since, just as these buildings that they are now being thrown out of will be for quite a while. The Sheffield mandarins say they want a vibrant city full of creative people - well those creative people need to start somewhere, they don't just come fully formed and ready to pay extortionate rates down at the Workstation. They are however the future entrepreneurs, rock stars, and cultural ambassadors that the city needs if it is to prosper. We need to nurture these people and provide them with space - god knows there is enough unused space in the city at the moment. Sheffield and some of the posters on the thread have got it seriously wrong.

I'm shocked at the venom some of the posters on this group have displayed. These are young people who want to create and do something with their lives and they need some premises for that. Some of you might remember that some of them occupied the Matilda, which was formerly the Yorkshire Artspace - they had computer & cycle repair workshops,ran film shows, put on gigs and it was a vibrant place until the piggies came along and threw them out, it;s been empty ever since, just as these buildings that they are now being thrown out of will be for quite a while. The Sheffield mandarins say they want a vibrant city full of creative people - well those creative people need to start somewhere, they don't just come fully formed and ready to pay extortionate rates down at the Workstation. They are however the future entrepreneurs, rock stars, and cultural ambassadors that the city needs if it is to prosper. We need to nurture these people and provide them with space - god knows there is enough unused space in the city at the moment. Sheffield and some of the posters on the thread have got it seriously wrong.

The reason for the Venom is simple. Many people on here are hardworking individuals which would love to put something back into the community. However we have values. We do not break and enter. We do not steal, though I know some people debate that term. There are things we cannot afford to buy but we dont use underhand methods to get them.

It surprises me with these people. They are quick to criticise the likes of the United States for illegally occupying Iraq. However I would call what they are doing an illegal opperation of their own. That is what I call hypocracy. What are they going to squat in next if they get kicked out. An old peoples home???

oh my bloody good god..wildnorthlands, take your head out your bum and listen to the truth. the building they were in until today was owned and used by Sheffield Childrens Hospital. the power they used and the legal costs, cleaning up after them etc has to be paid for out of the hospital budgets - thus taking money away from budgets used to care for sick children - like the lad on look north now with a brain tumour, who is himself raising money for a new CT scanner that the hospital cant afford in any case, without having to pay for the fees etc around the eviction, power bills etc

there are plenty of creative people and groups in this city, plenty of them who do not steal and freeload.

The group has been evicted. To see their view of how hard done by they are and how WRONGLY they have assumed that the building was owned by the university see sheffield indymedia website.