Broomhill Squatters

But this building had only just come into the ownership of the Childrens, I would say they hardley had time to put any plans together for the renovation work before the building was selfishly hijacked by these squatters. If they have any decency they will find somewhere more suitable nd move on quickly, It's obvious that theres a lot of bad feeling towards them for taking over this perticular property that was earmarked for a much,much better use by the childrens hospital.

Which Childrens? Would you please let me know.

People (and companies!) who own houses and leave them stood empty should lose their rights to that house.

Does that apply to everything? If I don't use my pushbike for a while, should I lose ownership of it? What about my car, or anything else I own?

What about those CD's I haven't listened to in a while, or the stereo I play them on?

I think I'm gunna have to go with reality and state that you're talking absolute b*llox.

Edited by Magilla

god I think some of the lefties need to get a grip here.

Occupying NHS space is like stealing from your own Grannie.

If this is how we react to squatters with this namby pamby attitude that's being displayed it's no wonder we're in the state we're in.

Sorry, the N.H.S foundation trust that incorperates the childrens hospital

It's a little long winded to type in every post......

Edited by H.P

Pedant.

"The message you have entered is too short."

here's what i've heard from a very reliable SCH member of staff....."the building the squatters are on is as previous posts state just in the ownership of SCH. currently being used to store wheelchairs, walking frames and larger bits of mobility / physio equipment, that are used intermittantly by some kids on some wards, depending on what they need. porters need to access and get equipment every day, as kids needs change daily - its never out of use. it will be used as work space/ offices etc by departments at SCH when they try to start shuffling round and building/refurbishing new bits to the main hospital."

what mind-set do these squatters have to take over space for things for disabled / ill / too poorly to walk children? i'm sure this isnt in any direct/non violent action manual/lefty paper (cant say i've read 'squat childrens hospital' as a must in the guardian?). if the NHS is too capitalist for you, then you won't want treating at A+E after a road accident, or seeing an NHS dentist, or your child treated when they are too poorly to keep water down at the brilliant SCH then will you???

Prehaps we should hold our own 'peacefull protest' outside this building.. show the squatters how we all feel

here's what i've heard from a very reliable SCH member of staff....."the building the squatters are on is as previous posts state just in the ownership of SCH. currently being used to store wheelchairs, walking frames and larger bits of mobility / physio equipment, that are used intermittantly by some kids on some wards, depending on what they need. porters need to access and get equipment every day, as kids needs change daily - its never out of use. it will be used as work space/ offices etc by departments at SCH when they try to start shuffling round and building/refurbishing new bits to the main hospital."

what mind-set do these squatters have to take over space for things for disabled / ill / too poorly to walk children? i'm sure this isnt in any direct/non violent action manual/lefty paper (cant say i've read 'squat childrens hospital' as a must in the guardian?). if the NHS is too capitalist for you, then you won't want treating at A+E after a road accident, or seeing an NHS dentist, or your child treated when they are too poorly to keep water down at the brilliant SCH then will you???

I couldnt agree more. Have you noticed RichieHawtin is being quiet now. Come on then Richie defend these dispicable actions. It does surprise me about these extreme leftie types. They are quick to claim Iraq was illegally occupied yet its ok to illegally occupy someone elses property.

People (and companies!) who own houses and leave them stood empty should lose their rights to that house.

Why :loopy::loopy:

they have spent good money buying the property ,so its their choice what to do with their property. Not some bunch of tree hugging student types who think its ok to tresspass on private property.

god I think some of the lefties need to get a grip here.

Occupying NHS space is like stealing from your own Grannie.

If this is how we react to squatters with this namby pamby attitude that's being displayed it's no wonder we're in the state we're in.

well said ,and so true

Student types? All students I know pay rent to private landlords. I don't agree with what the squatters are doing, but at least get your insults right please.

Guest sibon
Why :loopy::loopy:

they have spent good money buying the property ,so its their choice what to do with their property. Not some bunch of tree hugging student types who think its ok to tresspass on private property.

What if I've spent my hard earned cash on the house next door? Is it ok for my neighbour to let their house crumble, become rat infested and generally spoil the neighbourhood? Thus spoiling my enjoyment of my property?