The sharp cuts (band in the 80s)

The Sharp Cuts are playing the University Common Room in December.

Just found this on Youtube

Well done Mikey and Steptoad. That really has brought back memories of the group . Never thought I'd see the Sharpcuts again.

Saw them playing at hole in the road, fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. Loved `em!

I remember the Sharp Cuts playing on Fargate on a Saturday afternoon, would have been about 1980. Steve Delaney still looks the same, got his own pub with live music now, "Delaneys", bottom of London Road/Cemetry road, great place.

did any of you knock about with this lot - I spoke to Paul Bootham earlier today and it brought back so many wild night memories

My sis was madly in love with Steve Delaney and I was with their sound engineer 'Spike' and we used to park up outside Totley flats and Spike had a brand new CD Player that you could drive with (we thought that was so top @ the time lol) Used to go and see The Alarm (mike peters et al), London Quireboys, Sharp Cuts and another Yorkshire Band we used to see roun & about loads, they were signed with 'World Turtle' and on the last CD I bought at one of their gigs they did 3 tracks with titles something like

house of straw

house of bricks

House of stone

its paul beetham..great drummer

If anybody fancies hearing em, the cd is quite rare and expensive now

1988 cassette

The CD