The sharp cuts (band in the 80s)

did any of you knock about with this lot - I spoke to Paul Bootham earlier today and it brought back so many wild night memories

My sis was madly in love with Steve Delaney and I was with their sound engineer 'Spike' and we used to park up outside Totley flats and Spike had a brand new CD Player that you could drive with (we thought that was so top @ the time lol) Used to go and see The Alarm (mike peters et al), London Quireboys, Sharp Cuts and another Yorkshire Band we used to see roun & about loads, they were signed with 'World Turtle' and on the last CD I bought at one of their gigs they did 3 tracks with titles something like

house of straw

house of bricks

House of stone

I remember going to see them play up at the uni in the 80's along with

other sheffield groups - I had a cassette of sheffield groups from there

I was about 16 then though:)

just found this;

http://www.sharpcuts.co.uk/content.php

re- sharp cuts, martin styler's a great bassist

you can usually find steve delaney in West 10

i live in cornwall now , martins my cousin so dont see much of him now

:thumbsup: I Remeber the Sharp Cuts well!! my uncle Ricky played the sax. When I was a kid he lived with me and used to practice for hours at night :)

I was at the Cross Sythes, Totley this weekend and saw Steve and Paul with their 'alter ego' band The Screaming Kidneys, they rocked the place big style!!

i believe thats what they called this band in the 80s can anyone remember what happened to them? they use to play on fargate in the 80s on saturday afternoons to earn a few extra bob

I think that you may be thinking of "The Sharp Cuts"

If so, the singer is a member on here....

I think that you may be thinking of "The Sharp Cuts"

If so, the singer is a member on here....

thats the band, i'll ask a mod to change the thread title, i remember doing a gig with them at the cutlers hall in a rather drunken state, god knows how 1 of them managed to climb & then jump off 1 of the speakers, they were pretty tall speakers & what with being somewhat drunk im surprised he could manage it lol Edited by mh01

I once saw them doing a gig in the Hole in the road just after they had been on the tele(can't remember which show). It was really good and pulled a big crowd of shoppers who were all dancing and singing. It was a brill atmosphere.

I still remember their version of the jungle book song :hihi: