Hardworking people get nothing!!

its not as simple as that though, there is now a thing in place called LHA, when you are first made redundant you are given the full rent for the first 13 weeks, pvt or council property, after that you are given a rate which 9 times out of ten wont cover the full amount and on top of that council tax is only discounted. so a single person in a property gets £256 a month for food, gas electric travel contribution to rent and contribution to council tax. its NOT an easy ride by any means. now if its a family scenario then im not too sure, i know there are tax credits and stuff.

its no good being on benifits belive me ..ive been workin 20 years i get nothing sorry 64 pound a week then they made me stand 3 days

Did you not request a chair ?

3 days standing is a little harsh in my book

lol some funny come backs lol .truth tho hate not working!

Why don't you then?

Because that would put me on the same bottom feeding line as the benefit cheats.

Now don't get me wrong, not everyone on benefits are bottom feeders, its a decent thing if your stuck for work while you look for more.

Its the scumbags who think its their right to have benefits, without trying to get any jobs or earn a living I have the problem with.

its no good being on benifits belive me ..ive been workin 20 years i get nothing sorry 64 pound a week then they made me stand 3 days

Your mistake was having worked to start off with...

Did you know that there is now a scheme to give a Netbook and accessories to the value of £500 to kids who are on free school meals?

That is typical of the Labour government. They foolishly believe that the way to get people out of poverty is to give them handouts!. Hard work is the only way to get better off. Children should be rewarded for woking hard at school not for getting free school meals but they won't do that because it is not politically correct.

Because that would put me on the same bottom feeding line as the benefit cheats.

Now don't get me wrong, not everyone on benefits are bottom feeders, its a decent thing if your stuck for work while you look for more.

Its the scumbags who think its their right to have benefits, without trying to get any jobs or earn a living I have the problem with.

I totally agree with you.

i heard that govt is thinking to encourage teenage single moms to live under guardians ??/

You are not doing it right

A single parent with 3 kids ( not her own choice) who`s is it then?. did the pixies

bring them.

did you ever stop think why shes on her own maybe her other half passed away think before you pass judgement

did you ever stop think why shes on her own maybe her other half passed away think before you pass judgement

what are the odds on that compare to 3 kids with 3 different fathers

I think what people tend to forget is that if you work you're likely to improve your position and be able to aspire to things like foreign holidays, better living conditions and the trappings of modern day consumerism. It's not easy, I'm not saying it is, but with the application of hard work and ambition just about anything is achievable.

However, living on benefits as a lifestyle choice means that these dreams can only ever be that, dreams.

Watching a documentary or travel show depicting exotic places can mean different things to those in work to those who choose not to work. To the first, it could mean a holiday destination some time in the future. To the latter, it will always remain a TV program.

Tory Blair and labours policy of hiking up council rents, then putting council homes into hands of housing associations means that only the unemployed can afford to rent social housing. These days its a lot cheaper buying then renting.

Its a sad fact but private shareholders are taking social rent money and that income is guaranteed when only people on benefits can afford to rent.

I hope the people who can't read or understand without punctuation get help.