Guess what happened to me today?

I am quite calm, as always :) How much is the fee then?

As it happens there is no fee, there's just a flat charge per person, so you can untwist your knickers and forget about it.

As it happens there is no fee, there's just a flat charge per person, so you can untwist your knickers and forget about it.
OK... same difference whatever label you put on it, why are you so reluctant to tell us what this charge/fee is?

It was actually a good call organising a walk like this, it's certainly something I'd be interested in doing. If I do come along I would like to contribute my share to Shamblers funds as that's what I personally feel is right. YMMV, each to their own, it was a personal opinion, that's all.

Simply tell us what the fee/charge or whatever you want to call it is and we can all move on.

Any chance of doing one like this when Im back please. Sounds great. Nice to see the group is still going from strength to strength in my abscence.

When I spoke to the guy I thought he said the charge was £5, which I thought was a bit on the low side, but it turns out that it's £5 per person, which includes a sandwich and a drink at the pub. This was why I said that we could pay for it out of Shamblers Funds at that price. Wish I hadn't now, and waited for the full facts, but there it is, I said it and it's all irrelevant anyway, and as you say, we can move on!

Incidentally, whether we do it in here or not, I think £5 each is excellent value for money, and Billysmum and me are definitely going to book with him at some point.

Sounds good to me, however its paid for.

Still up for this, even with the revised method of payment!

I thought £5 for a whole group was rather cheap - never mind - £5 each still good with drink & sarnies included!

Just a bit of an update. The Historian chap has agreed in principle to do a walk/talk just for our Group, and this will take place all being well at the end of next month. When I have more details I will start a new thread, and give details of how people can book.

This sounds like a brilliant idea and I would love to come along, you never know after all these years living in Sheffield I may learn a little about it's past.

I'll keep an eye out for it Scoobz. A fiver each is about the going rate for a guided walk like that, I'm certainly interested and will make it if I can.