The End of an Era - Silversmiths chef Richie sacked.

:hihi::hihi: Sorry, have to laugh at that one. The head chef of a restaurant is THE factor of it's success.

Do you work in the trade as well?

Yeah check his username ;)

Hmm I can see what Damhouse is saying... there's the venue & ambience, friendly staff & good service, the owner/manager who prob has the last say on the menu etc, and the rest of the kitchen staff that work around the head chef.

Hmm.

Yeah the head chef is very important, but maybe accounts for say about 25% of your 'dining experience'...

Yeah the head chef is very important, but maybe accounts for say about 25% of your 'dining experience'...

Personally I think it's hard to have a good night if the food is crap. So I'd say 75%. I can cope with lousy waiters, expensive prices etc, as long as my food is good

no it's not!

- yes we do work in the trade... do you?

it really is a combination of service, Kitchen porter, chef de parte, manager, menu design, location .... hype and fashion.

Head chef.... honestly, they do play a part. But ask any restauant, head chefs come and go.

Just because Ronaldo left Manchester United do you think they are now a poor team???

Of course, these things add to your dining experience but if you ain't got a good chef, you ain't gonna have a good restaurant, no matter what you spend on decoration. I am a regular visitor of a restaurant that I don't like the decor of, it's cramped, the seats are uncomfortable, but the food is to die for.

If Ronaldo was to leave Manchester Utd it would be to make way for someone better, not to put an inferior player in his place - Man Utd have got business sense.

I think it is Silversmiths loss & I hope Ritchie does really well out of this. I watched the show when Mr Ramsay was in town & I was disgusted that Ritchie was not shown the respect that he deserved by the owner which I think was his friend as well? Personally I did think Ritchie was wasted there & again as I have said they did not give him the respect he deserved.

The guy has great talent & great passion for food & thinks about it from the customers perspective which his boss failed to do so.

I am surprised he has not set up his own business. He would do really well.

If Ronaldo was to leave Manchester Utd it would be to make way for someone better, not to put an inferior player in his place - Man Utd have got business sense.

Not a football fan?

Ronaldo has left United, for £80 Million.

Total With Ronaldo / Without Ronaldo

Games 101 13

Wins 75 8

Draws 15 2

Losses 11 3

Goals for 216 15

Average goals for 2.14 1.15

Goals against 67 6

Average goals against 0.66 0.46

Win % 74% 62%

Points per game 2.38 2.00

Replaced by Antonio Valencia £18 million.

He moved to Old Trafford after having played 89 games for the Latics, scoring seven Premier League goals.

All Time Antonio Valencia Statistics

Appearances 6 (5)

Premier League 4 (3)

Champions League 2 (0)

League Cup 0 (1)

Other 0 (1)

Playing time 626 mins

Premier League 412 mins

Champions League 163 mins

League Cup 22 mins

Other 29 mins

Goals 0

Yellow Cards 0

Red Cards 0

He isn't better! The £60 million surplus is probably servicing debt interest!

PS back to chefs, Gordon Ramseys restaurant empire survives without him cooking at all the venues?

:hihi::hihi: Sorry, have to laugh at that one. The head chef of a restaurant is THE factor of it's success.

Do you work in the trade as well?

Wig&Pen definately suffered when they cost cut and culled the chef, manager et al. Recent threads seem to imply it is getting better again though now so I may venture lunchwards again and give them a second/third chance. Never been to Silversmiths so no idea but all the best Richie.

Best wishes to Richie, but has anyone been to Silversmiths in the past couple of weeks - if so how was the food ? Objective assessment please.

I am surprised he has not set up his own business. He would do really well.

hope he doesnt, its a big ask to be a chef and a restauranteur... the big names only manage it as they have teams of people under them!!

if ii had the cash i'd back him tomorrow.. :cool:

hope he doesnt, its a big ask to be a chef and a restauranteur... the big names only manage it as they have teams of people under them!!

if ii had the cash i'd back him tomorrow.. :cool:

He earnt respect from Gordon Ramsey like no other chef I've seen on the series. Sheffield now has a top chef who needs a top and suitably well paid position. It's not only his superb cooking skills. He is honest, dedicated, devoted to the profession and has great people skills as well. Silversmiths just chucked out the family silver imo. But then I popped in a few months ago to pick something up, and was told by a member of staff that Justin and Donna were on holiday in New York. My mates Pat and John of Masterchef Catering (Staniforth Rd, Totley, Darnall) haven't had a holiday for two years because everything goes into the business. I feel really shocked that this has happened to Richie.