Where has cable in Sheffield?

I'm looking to move house and it seems that every time I find a suitable flat it's just not in a cabled area. Where is cabled in Sheffield? We'd need the cable broadband for a variety of reasons, and really it's a deal breaker when it comes to moving.

I live in Heeley and you can get virgin cable tv and broadband here

try the postcode checker on the virgin website. I remember woodseats, heely and meersbrook were well covered but not hillsborough, loxley or malin bridge area

Darnal as you would exspect 2 mins from old cable building.

my daughter used to live at Southey green and she had cable there. I live on the Arbourthorne and we have it in fact I ve had cable since it was first put down

Pamx

avoid eccelsfield and grenoside then - no cable whatsoever, amazed we even have gas....

xgx

I'm not aware of any flats being cabled up.

In fact, I'm fairly sure that there are no flats cabled up as I live in one, and I asked Virgin if there were any plans to extend their service and the answer was no.

I'm not aware of any flats being cabled up.

In fact, I'm fairly sure that there are no flats cabled up as I live in one, and I asked Virgin if there were any plans to extend their service and the answer was no.

Some council flats at Netherthorpe (:))and Gleadless Valley (:gag:) can get cable.

I've lived in two different flats at Netherthorpe and had cable in both, and briefly lived at GV and had cable there.

Some council flats at Netherthorpe (:))and Gleadless Valley (:gag:) can get cable.

I've lived in two different flats at Netherthorpe and had cable in both, and briefly lived at GV and had cable there.

Really? Thanks, I stand corrected.

Virgin told me that it wasn't worth their while cabling up flats as very few people had taken up.

I have a friend in a flat up firth park and she has cable. But I don't think they have it in firvale - didn't when I lived there but maybe they do now. Possibly around barnsley road has it, maybe they put some in when they dug all the road up last year? there are some new flats up near lane top, perhaps they have it?

Really? Thanks, I stand corrected.

Virgin told me that it wasn't worth their while cabling up flats as very few people had taken up.

I think Netherthorpe was cabled up over 15 years ago in the days of good old Yorkshire Cable - same as where I live

Its fairly easy to tell, they made such a mess of the pavements and roads you can still follow the path and you get little triangle things outside the properties.