Lost sports grounds

Daniel Docasters football & cricket ground on Gleadless common in the 70s & 80s. Doncasters had one pitch & Robsons had the bottom pitch with the cricket wicket in between them. Houses on it now.

The pitch at the site of Middlewood Hospital it was a fatastic pitch with superb facilities, I played and captained the Middlewood side for many years in the South Yorkshire League and it was a superb pitch to play on. There was even a club with large windows and a bar with a varander on the side of the pitch and the bar used to open on Saturday lunchtime where people used to come and watch the games with a pint, great days i wish i was still there it was a very happy time for me in the 70s. The pitch has now gone to a housing estate.

I remember Firth Browns Atlas Norfolk with large clubhouse and grounds visible and I imagine accessible from Shirecliffe Rd, I also recall English Steels similar facilities being to the right-hand side off Bellhouse Rd as you neared the top and before Concorde Park.

Don't know what's on there now, but back in the 40's we'd walk to the Forum on Saturday mornings via the back of Firshill School towards Roe Woods, and the sloping ground going down to the woods proper, was the Atlas and Norfolk football pitch.

That would be Sheffield United's Academy now Texas.

Granville College ground on Ecclesall Road South has been left to grow wild.

Former YMCA ground at the top of Crimicar Lane has now been restored for cricket use. Have any other grounds been restored?

Are any of the cricket pitches in Graves Park whose boundaries used to intersect still in use?

Granville College ground on Ecclesall Road South has been left to grow wild.

Former YMCA ground at the top of Crimicar Lane has now been restored for cricket use. Have any other grounds been restored?

Are any of the cricket pitches in Graves Park whose boundaries used to intersect still in use?

I used to play a lot of Sunday league football at Graves Park, I used to go up on a Saturday to watch a game, dozens of games to choose from, sadly as lot of the pitches are no longer used.