First Bus Strikes - The rights and wrongs of the strikes

i spoke to well disputed with a driver about this planned strike action, and he said driver was getting put on final warnings for silliest things, no verbal or written straight to final written, this contrevenes the employments act 1999

Then take the company to the employment tribunal. That's what it exists for. Hitting the nuclear button and going on strike for such a small reason when alternatives exist is an abuse of union power.

Then take the company to the employment tribunal. That's what it exists for. Hitting the nuclear button and going on strike for such a small reason when alternatives exist is an abuse of union power.

I would suggest you read the rest of the thread. To say a union has power these days is to state that you are out of touch with reality.

I heard that first are actively looking to sack drivers for minor things, due to them knowing they are going to be over staffed in April when they reduce their services due to them losing alot of tended routes.

It saves them going through paying out redundancies.

Would a shop worker want to be sacked for breaking an item when they are stacking a shelf?

Would an office worker want to be sacked for not actioning an E-mail?

No everyone should have a warning first and it should follow the disaplinary proceedure instead of by passing it all an being taken as Gross misconduct and being summuary dismissed.

I heard that first are actively looking to sack drivers for minor things, due to them knowing they are going to be over staffed in April when they reduce their services due to them losing alot of tended routes.

It saves them going through paying out redundancies.

Would a shop worker want to be sacked for breaking an item when they are stacking a shelf?

Would an office worker want to be sacked for not actioning an E-mail?

No everyone should have a warning first and it should follow the disaplinary proceedure instead of by passing it all an being taken as Gross misconduct and being summuary dismissed.

I dont know but it seems they are pushing their luck to the limit it can only end in tears one of these days.

Just my view though I could be wrong.

Edited by d71146

I heard that first are actively looking to sack drivers for minor things, due to them knowing they are going to be over staffed in April when they reduce alot of tended routes.

BULL****!

The only tendered routes up for renewal in April are the 57a/58 and the M17! Non of which currently are run by First.

lets face it why do drivers think there hard done by llike morrisions giving a disiplinary to everyone who didnt work on the tuesday when we had the bad snow . as someone said before the drivers are pushing there luck

Michael N - First are cutting up to 25% of services at the end of this quarter and have frozen recruitment for several months now as well as taking every opportunity to sack drivers. Brandon Jones announced this on Radio Sheffield on Friday January 8th , they are cutting ' empty ' services previously prevented by the Council ( ! ). Of course such huge cuts will affect thousands of Sheffielders in many areas of the City. The drivers are paying for this with their jobs , we are paying through fare rises. Their fight is our fight.

i agree with what you say try an talk first industrial action is a last resort, however one driver told me its like their leui days one numpty in their office needs sacking as he cant do his/her job properly, because this moron cant cope with the job, as the driver described takes it out on drivers and wont grant leui days when required, this causes a lot of disruption as well to services as drivers take leui days when this idiot decides during a busy period and other drivers holiday periods.

Cant fault them to be honest!!

Strikes off

a ballot will take place on 29th Jan