Punk / metal bands from Sheff between 1986 - 1996

I think you 3 should have a meet somewhere and toast the old days. might join you!

good idea!

although pity anyone who joins us....they will be bored to tears, listening to story after story after story!

:hihi:

Does anybody remember Eric and the Frantics.

Hiya Al! "Eric and the Frantics"! Is that for real? LOL!

that leadmill gig was only DTs second ever gig. trolley dog shag (i lived with ian) had been up all night and gayered out of playing that night cos they all felt rough but we knew they hadnt officially withdrawn. so we just turned up and kind of refused to not play :-) with a little help from FCS and steve mackie's mum, who was something to do with it! nick r was a bit snotty but we soon won him round ;-)

Hey all - I just joined this forum, after having Pete_fcs over to stay for a night in Leeds - and help me out with some music stuff.

Cheers Pete (when you get home and see this).

Really amazed to see that there is a handful of people out there discussing Sheffield bands of the 80s (I was in Nihilistics, Media Premonition, Feral and a couple of others - Iskra, for a while, a Blues Sisters gig...) - but I was always the talentless one on stage just because I was persistent.

Rob - Tarana - I was saying to Pete that next time I can get to Sheff for one of your gigs I will be there.

Terry

eeeyup terry

i was back home by 9.20 last night after leaving your house at 7.05.

leeds might not rock 'n' roll, but at least it's clean!

glad so many old musicians are coming out of the shadows to join in my thread :)

*feels proud*

glad so many old musicians are coming out of the shadows to join in my thread :)

*feels proud*

we're not old musicians....we're chuffin' ancient :thumbsup:

I feel a gig coming on....

You can't be as old as the Rolling Stones...

I feel a gig coming on....

You can't be as old as the Rolling Stones...

funnily enough, part of the reason i went to see terry was to arrange a 20th anniversary gig of the nihilistics, contemporaries of the notorious f... city s....ters.

i played in both bands as a teenager, so that puts me just younger than keith richards but older than the reynolds girls...

my entire band history is here (please note there's some swearing!):

http://sheffieldarchives.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

:)

im still toying with the idea of doing a website for this era in sheffield music, the bands never featured in the same breath as pulp, abc, human league etc

what do you musicians think about a page with a short history, discography maybe, a few mp3s?

the bands featured in my first post on here, others if ive forgotten any :P

sounds like a great idea!

look at how many posts and views this thread's got!

poach 'em all and take 'em to a proper site! i have a huge archive of sheffield bands from the eighties (mr morality, bedlam choir, slopdosh, plague dogs, trolley dogshag etc....although these would need permission...) which could go on as mp3's!

and of course i'd let you put on my own old bands....all 35 of 'em....