Jump to content

Punk / metal bands from Sheff between 1986 - 1996

Recommended Posts

I knew Nightrun, the lead singer was a mate of mine and lives around the corner from me, he did sing with Pete Willis.

 

What was his name? I'm trying to track down any information I can find on Nightrun, band members (I only know of Pete Willis, Richard Day and Pete Halliday; don't know who the bass player was), did the single come with a sleeve, etc. It's impossible to find much of anything about them online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the longpigs also supported U2 on a major stadium tour.

 

blammo became speedy and if i am right they appeared on the 1st national lottery show performing their 'almost' hit - boywonder

 

anyone remember a barnsley band called 'british racing green'? i used to see them regular in the late 90's. great band!

 

 

 

 

Does anyone have any photo's of British Racing Green gigging from the mid nineties please

 

I want to prove to my 16 year old Bassist son that I wasn't always an old fart !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone remember a Sheffield three-piece band called 'Crow'?  They used to practice at what was the Darnall Music Factory (don't know if that's still going) they played Gigs at the Hallamshire pub, they played there with Lilac Confusion and Plague Dogs I seem to remember. They also played with a band called 'Oranges for Angels'.  I think that gig was at The Limit, and they played quite a few times with Cosa Nostra at 'Take Two' in Darnall. Would be good to see some old photos of that band if there are any,  or hear some audio of them, if there's any out there.  

  

Edited by FormerSheff
forgot something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/02/2019 at 12:55, FormerSheff said:

Does anyone remember a Sheffield three-piece band called 'Crow'?  They used to practice at what was the Darnall Music Factory (don't know if that's still going) they played Gigs at the Hallamshire pub, they played there with Lilac Confusion and Plague Dogs I seem to remember. They also played with a band called 'Oranges for Angels'.  I think that gig was at The Limit, and they played quite a few times with Cosa Nostra at 'Take Two' in Darnall. Would be good to see some old photos of that band if there are any,  or hear some audio of them, if there's any out there.  

  

Yep. No photos or audio though. Only memories of there angular, discordant alt-pop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thought id seen Crow as it rang a bell but its not in mi gig book, seen Lilac confusion at hallamshire hotel 18th may 1989  with Bedlam choir, and human perogrative.. Knew all those bands, aswell as Plague dogs, saw them loads

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, melthebell said:

thought id seen Crow as it rang a bell but its not in mi gig book, seen Lilac confusion at hallamshire hotel 18th may 1989  with Bedlam choir, and human perogrative.. Knew all those bands, aswell as Plague dogs, saw them loads

OK, after making that post, I went back through the thread and saw a photo of the singer/guitarist of Crow was posted, and also that a member of Crow was speaking about sending some tapes he had to be converted to digital for a site, but I guess nothing came of it. But thanks for responding 👍

3 hours ago, macmellus said:

Yep. No photos or audio though. Only memories of there angular, discordant alt-pop. 

Angular, discordant alt-pop. . . that's a good description! 

 

'MegsBigBear' asked about them on page 57, way back in 2008, and there was a brief discussion about them that started from his post. 

Edited by FormerSheff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/09/2009 at 20:47, pete_fcs said:

And here's the photo of the Singer/guitarist of Crow that was posted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just been uploaded

 

Amnesia from Sheff Uni 1st July 1989

 

Part 1

 

Part 2

 

Soundcheck

 

I was there, in fact think ive seen myself and some mates in the mosh pit behind the headbangers in the bottom right hand corner lol. Other bands that played that evening were Acid reign, Re-animator, Toranaga and Lawnmower deth.

Used to know singer Andy Longley (who was sadly replaced before they signed and brought out their album) and if i remember right the guitarist on the left was Mac?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.