Punk / metal bands from Sheff between 1986 - 1996

Yup, I know of at least one Rotherhide with kids at the school.

Off topic, I know, but mention of Meersbrook reminds me that Don Valley and the Rotherhides were in that neck of the woods, and, I think, The Beloved.

HOW DARE YOU GO OFFTOPIC

1000 lines

erm i come over all schoolteachery then

Sorry - wrists slapped.

But, DV and the Rotherhides were more "punk" than some of the bands around at the time - "Waiting for the Day that Margared Thatcher's Dead" = a timeless classic.

Good to read that Glen is still rocking - and that the Red Lion is still a pub. I remember the anarchist meetings in there in the 80s.

Sorry - wrists slapped.

But, DV and the Rotherhides were more "punk" than some of the bands around at the time - "Waiting for the Day that Margared Thatcher's Dead" = a timeless classic.

Bloody hell, i remember Don Valley and the Rotherhithes. And i remember that song. They used to busk on Fargate, and i'm sure I saw them at the Leadmill. i thought they were more "Psycho Billy" - don't know if you had that expression up here.

Red Lion might still be here, but it's a right dump!

You're right about the Red Lion - I only went in for the meetings on Sunday nights in the back room.

White Lion - much better, or better still the Broadfield - I played pool for the "third" team - along with Wak and the actor who really shot Ernie Bishop.

Hello melthebell et al

I work in same building as Pat Hancock, and used to work with Dom Bradshaw although dont see him much these days. Not sure if Bendy Monsters are still a going concern.

For short while I used to play in bands in and around West street(rehearsal rooms just down from dole office) v.briefly, my mates were in 'Hole in the Wall'

I also used to play down at the 'Basement' at Darmall, where if you were skint, they'd let you practice there for nowt.

hi

i remember bendy monsters and all that lot...one of those bands did a song about slade. i also remember hole in the wall....got a few tapes i think, or at least a track on a comilation. didn't they have something to do with the dylans and later the happening men?

pete formerly fcs and ggf etc

hi

i remember bendy monsters and all that lot...one of those bands did a song about slade. i also remember hole in the wall....got a few tapes i think, or at least a track on a comilation. didn't they have something to do with the dylans and later the happening men?

pete formerly fcs and ggf etc

please dont start signing off with all your bands listed

the forum aint big enough :)

lol

Dave and Matt from Hole In The Wall joined Quentin and Andy (who both later played in The Dylans) to be in Crispin Hunt's second backing band The Happening Men.

And very privileged they were too.

Just register and upload your MP3's and images - it free too.

thanks for that seriessix!

i've been looking for a site to put my archives on for ages

:thumbsup:

.....cant quite remmeber the name, pete will lol

im sure loads of bands rehearsed there

media premonition did?

stumped me! unless it's the band co-op off west street but that one wasn't around back then.....

I remember going to a play drums for a punk/skateboard band up some outdoor rickety old wooden stairs somewhere off West Street - I wasn't good enough though......

that was bailey street, terry, run by tommo.

i think he managed the happening men. he took them to london to see go discs, and they were asked about the f... city sh...ters, 'cos it was "the best name we've ever heard"!

the happening men mutated into longpigs

:thumbsup: