Punk / metal bands from Sheff between 1986 - 1996

Went to school with Murray Fenton. His first band was called "RAF" after the band member surnames: simon Rippon, tony Armitage And murray Fenton. The bass player was called Dean Buxton he must have joined later i suppose.

I was in Blind Mole Rat (mandolin & guitar) from 93 to 95 when the band split up. (Actually we 'reformed' for a one off surprise gig the following year for Ken (who ran the old Independent Bookshop opposite the Town Hall.) who was a great friend of the band. I've not heard from anyone else in the band for ages. I think Rob Overdrive and Robin Down are still in Sheffield, though. Rob plays violin in Tarana.

I know one of the lads out of the Bendy Monsters.

I'll point him this way when I'm next in work.

I know one of the lads out of the Bendy Monsters.

I'll point him this way when I'm next in work.

cool

i used to go to school with dom bradshaw, jim herring, Pat Hancock and Andy Fjord?? i think, wasnt he also called andy peacock i believe???

i was in contact with dom and pat via email for a while

i really want to contact jim herring tho, i was his best mate at school, not seen him in about properly in well over 10 years maybe more, apart from the odd bendys gigs........last time i heard from dom he said jim was trying to get a pc, not heard owt since

Doe anybody remember Eric and the Frantics. They were rally a Hayfield/Hope Valley band bt did gigs in Sheffield too. They were superb. Often pogoed in the street to their open air gigs. Had a sense of humour too, no set was complete without a rendition of their all time classic 'For Ken Hill'

hi my name is jon as you most likey guess i was in a band called self-inflicted from 93-05 played with truth decay and all the other bands from that time.other ****ing class bands u missed were bleeding principle,too little too late and sherbet burp but to name a few,i use to put gigs on with stu from truth decay and jon who runs the pub next to bankers and argos in town i also use to put bands on at the hallamshire

hi my name is jon as you most likey guess i was in a band called self-inflicted from 93-05 played with truth decay and all the other bands from that time.other ****ing class bands u missed were bleeding principle,too little too late and sherbet burp but to name a few,i use to put gigs on with stu from truth decay and jon who runs the pub next to bankers and argos in town i also use to put bands on at the hallamshire

c00l

tbh i cant remember any of those bands :( and not sure ive seen em.

apart from truth decay...obviously

i saw loads of bands at the hallamshire so prolly went to gigs you put on

seen midnight choir got mentioned a couple of times...

i play in a band with two ex-MC members, nick and ziggy

I sang in Meld, rob overdrive drummed with us for a while, and then after I was in 2 til 10.

I knew jon who played bass in GGF through my brother's collega mates.

I still see robin downe knocking about, and as well as having joined a bit of a sheffield institution ( sharp cuts) I have recorded an album of all new original material with James Bacon, who was in Mindfeel with Robin and Simon Hinkler.

I always have loved the scene here in sheffield, so intertwining and really very supportive of each other... bands would always helo wach other out in a fix, and any rivalry was always friendly and usually ended up in a few beers down the washington and then a night at drop or step on.

I know Mixmif, used to get tattooed in the same place as him (designer skin, west bar, now shut). Last time I saw him was on the moor, just as he was putting the carpainters together. And I used to work with Jon from Bedlam Choir, who went on and joined Freekspurt, and is now in a band called Sukmunki. Has anyone got any slopdosh stuff they can put online as mp3s? Havent heard them for ages.

I know Mixmif, used to get tattooed in the same place as him (designer skin, west bar, now shut). Last time I saw him was on the moor, just as he was putting the carpainters together. And I used to work with Jon from Bedlam Choir, who went on and joined Freekspurt, and is now in a band called Sukmunki. Has anyone got any slopdosh stuff they can put online as mp3s? Havent heard them for ages.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1102394#post1102394

Come and check out Sukmunki (recently nominated for best live band in Sheffield)

FREE ENTRY :)

hopefully ill be ripping my old sheff bands demo tapes to mp3 in the near future, might knock up a website to showcase the odd tracks if the bands dont mind

i used to know jon from bedlam choir /freekspurt..........long black hair, thinnish

sukmunki hm have to look out for them