Punk / metal bands from Sheff between 1986 - 1996

xxxx, i have sent you an email about glenroy

I love this forum, purely for nostalgia value! :D

I can't believe people still remember slopdosh.. :loopy::gag::hihi: I still cringe when I hear the name (I guess certain experiences stick in my memory...) :P

I read your list Pete, there's loads of names on there I remember. Does anyone have any pics lying around from those days? I loved the old punk days but sadly most of it is committed to memory as I never carried a camera back then.

I often read these posts and wonder how many old friends are hiding behind these nicks...

Thanks for the memories ;)

Originally posted by Binky

I read your list Pete, there's loads of names on there I remember. Does anyone have any pics lying around from those days?...

i have a few old pics, these will eventually appear on my site (see www link below), but i would rather get permission off the people on the photo's before i post 'em! :)

Originally posted by pete_fcs

sadly the glenroy i knew died in 1997. he was in "in a belljar", and also "media premonition" and "psychoterrorists" and "slbc", the last three of which i played keyboards for from 1992 to 1996.

all my bands are listed on this link...be warned, there are 33, and some have rude names!

http://www.sheffieldarchives.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

haHAHA nice one ......cant you stay in a band longer than 10 minutes?

i cant remember you in GGF i saw them loads, used to know john a bit........i have all my gigs ive seen written down with dates / locations :) and ive seen GGF loads....i still have a demo tape too somewhere

media premonition i have a demo of

slbc i have a 12"

carpainters? aaaaaah i never knew what bands mixmif was in after slopdosh bobbar etc, i hung around with mixmif loads

Originally posted by XXXX

Good day all.

Anyone know how I can get it touch with ex Blind Mole Rat members??

Cheers,

Jason

now theres a blast from the past blind mole rat : what a band, what a bunch of people :)

i still have a few BMR demos, and a t shirt (bit past it now tho :( )

blind mole rat came to my leaving party when i left sheffield :)

i was in fcs, nihilistics, ggf, exit, bear cage, media premonition, psychoterrorists, slbc, pasc, agartha, rookie, maniac and tarana

i was asked to join slopdosh bobbar and ivan crump, and dead by friday

but i didn't!

i used to know longpigs, plague dogs, truth decay, midnight choir, blind mole rat, durango 95, death trash, dog soldier, human prerogative, trolley dog shag, mr morality, the detail, wealthy texans, masons, nearly band, bedlam choir, haze/crf, dollar babies, happening men, all seeing i/melt, dig vis drill, hula, the gallery/secret of life, the bland, blammo/speedy, flexible penguins and all that lot!

still in touch with or have news on some of em if anyone's interested!

im interested, as i knew the odd member or whole bands of some of em :)

The Bland?

did you go to the blands party in chesterfield?

that was a laugh, first time i ever met jules that R.I.P

Originally posted by melthebell

haHAHA nice one ......cant you stay in a band longer than 10 minutes?

i was in most of them for about three or four years, sometimes three at once, although ogi mcgrath of dig vis drill says i'm a "band slut"

i cant remember you in GGF i saw them loads, used to know john a bit........i have all my gigs ive seen written down with dates / locations :) and ive seen GGF loads....i still have a demo tape too somewhere

i joined them end of 1988, did one gig at the lower refec with "slammer" (feb 89 i think) then i left as bassist ben moved to london and wanted us to rehearse there!

media premonition i have a demo of

slbc i have a 12"

saw slbc play their final gig last week, they are still recording

carpainters? aaaaaah i never knew what bands mixmif was in after slopdosh bobbar etc, i hung around with mixmif loads
:)

went to mixmif's last night to pick up the dolebusters 86 video!

Originally posted by melthebell

The Bland?

did you go to the blands party in chesterfield?

that was a laugh, first time i ever met jules that R.I.P

you mean they had a party and didn't invite me?! lol...not seen them for years, the last i heard rat was working in virgin megastore according to the word on the streets...

i even unofficially played for the bland once too! their drummer fell off his stool at the maze bar...to p..ssed to drum, so it had been pre-arranged that i would take over on the night!

you mean they had a party and didn't invite me?! lol...not seen them for years, the last i heard rat was working in virgin megastore according to the word on the streets...

i even unofficially played for the bland once too! their drummer fell off his stool at the maze bar...to p..ssed to drum, so it had been pre-arranged that i would take over on the night!

c00l lol

next time you see mixmif tell him im around on here (sean who HAD the green mohican and his mum worked with yours) see if he appears on here, dunnoif he has access tbh

i will tell him, he comes on here alot too so he will see your message soon! :)

just to fill a few bits in ...

plague dogs

lou left went to manchester became sound engineer and moved again

to macclesfield ... charlie went on to do several different jobs

and i ran away with swamp circus, and did a few bands as drummer

meld, the brew, shadwell's coat, tablet

and then joined

blind mole rat - became spitboy didn't they? two of us joined spithead

chris later played a while with a circus band ice cream men, the selecter and

chu nah mi .

after more circus with chris i started tarana which is going to go on til my tattoo wears off.

another band from those times was dead by friday who are back on the go and one of the best you could see.

just to fill a few bits in ...

plague dogs

lou left went to manchester became sound engineer and moved again

to macclesfield ... charlie went on to do several different jobs

and i ran away with swamp circus, and did a few bands as drummer

meld, the brew, shadwell's coat, tablet

and then joined

blind mole rat - became spitboy didn't they? two of us joined spithead

chris later played a while with a circus band ice cream men, the selecter and

chu nah mi .

after more circus with chris i started tarana which is going to go on til my tattoo wears off.

another band from those times was dead by friday who are back on the go and one of the best you could see.

i have a spithead tape, used to have an album i think, saw em a few times

used to write to john abit, are they still going?