Punk / metal bands from Sheff between 1986 - 1996

Pete FCS, you are a scholar and a gentleman :) That has made my Monday evening. :hihi.

And the Hypoooootherrrrmiiiaaa (Ok I can't spell) sketch too. I can imagine that working on the Young Ones with Ben Elton as the quizmaster. Happy days!

Firstly; "I'm swirling around in a cesspool of my own making."

Hahahaha!

Secondly; Where is the last episode? I suspose you're going to make us all pay for it now that we're hooked, you capitalist BASTRAD!

Thirdly; 'Some other guy from the GLORIOUS band SLUG' may have been either Nick Turton, otherwise known as Nick Turnip(we were 17) I think, if I I'm not getting terribly mixed up in my Bombay mix haze, or Arny Parny.

Fourthly; ...can't remember, I'll get back to that one.

Fifthly; Maybe the 'school friend' you're thinking of is the guy who played Amos, who sounds just like Robert "Bob" Chowdry( Choudhry etc.) to me.

Oh yeah, and Fourthly; Isn't it odd how the characters sound just as irritating as the original Eastenders cast. How fortunate we are that things have moved on from those days.

Anyway. That's it. Bye!

hehe!

sorry about the missing last episode; i didn't realise it wasn't there...i shall post it if it turns up!

the person who plays amos, i thought, was pete mersereux?

pete

Pete FCS, you are a scholar and a gentleman :) That has made my Monday evening. :hihi.

And the Hypoooootherrrrmiiiaaa (Ok I can't spell) sketch too. I can imagine that working on the Young Ones with Ben Elton as the quizmaster. Happy days!

...i loved that hypothermia sketch. nick reynolds was a script-writing genius. and he knew it too. when taped pieces went out on air, he could be seen standing smiling to himself, and mouthing all the words.

I'm amazed Pete. You must have kept everything from The ROTT days. :thumbsup: Tops.

Didn't Mick Jones go and start REPROBATE after he left SLOPDOSH? I remember ED209 as well.....I still got one of their posters somewhere.

Yup, that was me - not sure if this thread is still alive but thought i'd post a reply anyway - me Simon (Mick) Jones was the drummer and Joe Butters was on bass.

Some good news is one of the songs from the 1992 demo Tranquilities Abortion featured on Terrorizer Mag's cover CD back in March 09 and the band were voted best unsigned act by the readers, we've reformed and signed an album deal with a label over in Europe and will be playing some gigs in and around Sheff early next year.

feel free to check the myspace pages at www dot myspace dot com/reprobatearchive - there's a few slopdosh posters and stuff on there in the pics sections too.

Simon (Mick)

were the mau maus around at this time or were they around in the early 80's

hehe!

sorry about the missing last episode; i didn't realise it wasn't there...i shall post it if it turns up!

the person who plays amos, i thought, was pete mersereux?

pete

You're right, of course. Don't know what I was thinking.

re. midnight choir..

ziggy the singer + nick the guitarist (me) play in sheffield band, Dog Canute. check myspace.com/dogcanute and myspace.com/16hooves

its riff-based, odd time sigs (think jesus lizard, unsane, fugazi) and our bass plater sime used to play in death trash

hey, if you fancy seeing us - gig this friday dec 4th at the shakespeare, sheff (gibraltar st, near west bar, shalesmoor) both support bands -16hooves and kill the captains are equally good, come to see all from start at 8.30

ps. hi pete

Edited by nick canute

were the mau maus around at this time or were they around in the early 80's

they were early 80s......i think the last thing i have by em is a 12" thats dated 85/86

Yup, that was me - not sure if this thread is still alive but thought i'd post a reply anyway - me Simon (Mick) Jones was the drummer and Joe Butters was on bass.

Some good news is one of the songs from the 1992 demo Tranquilities Abortion featured on Terrorizer Mag's cover CD back in March 09 and the band were voted best unsigned act by the readers, we've reformed and signed an album deal with a label over in Europe and will be playing some gigs in and around Sheff early next year.

feel free to check the myspace pages at www dot myspace dot com/reprobatearchive - there's a few slopdosh posters and stuff on there in the pics sections too.

Simon (Mick)

sounds good, i dont have anything by you guys and sadly it looks like i never saw you lot live (thought i had tbh)

think tim (bass) is an old mate of mine from the wap days

OK i know this thread is a few years old now but how about reviving it??

I used to do the sound for Bedlam Choir for a while and worked with a band from Shiregreen if anyone can remember them, can't remember the name but there was Barry on bass, Sarah on vocals and lead and Mark on drums????

Just done a quick search and found a copy of Rupert by BC on Ebay!! lmao

Also Hossy Sean a drummer from Handsworth and Nigel (******) Durham (who played with Saxon) and has ended up placing ads for work on MySpace!! lol

Edited by asr050806

What about the mighty Autumn of North early 90's, we did ok around Yorkshire but had to back out of a gig at the Marque in London, I think that was the down fall.