Punk / metal bands from Sheff between 1986 - 1996

jeezus that took some finding..........yup elfin was listed thought they were :)

ooh just found these albums listed on a site, that i seemed to have missed :(

http://www.pasc.co.uk/comp.html

on the first album i know Hed, Smokescreen, SLBC,

on the 2nd album listed i have a tape of food?, i knew members of elfin and blind mole rat, and obviously ive heard of durango 95 and caberet voltaire :)

wouldnt mind getting those albums hmmmmm

and i have this slbc 12" :)

http://www.pasc.co.uk/un001t.html

i was in fcs, nihilistics, ggf, exit, bear cage, media premonition, psychoterrorists, slbc, pasc, agartha, rookie, maniac and tarana

i was asked to join slopdosh bobbar and ivan crump, and dead by friday

but i didn't!

i used to know longpigs, plague dogs, truth decay, midnight choir, blind mole rat, durango 95, death trash, dog soldier, human prerogative, trolley dog shag, mr morality, the detail, wealthy texans, masons, nearly band, bedlam choir, haze/crf, dollar babies, happening men, all seeing i/melt, dig vis drill, hula, the gallery/secret of life, the bland, blammo/speedy, flexible penguins and all that lot!

still in touch with or have news on some of em if anyone's interested!

There was a Sheffield rock/metal band called NIGHTRUN circa 85/86....they played a band competition gig at the City Hall in 86 and came 2nd.....anyone know what happened to them?

no, but i remember the winners in 1986 were "spring heel'd jack", and also on stage were "the flexible penguins", who's bassist paul went on to play keyboards in "blammo!" who became "speedy" and had a hit in 1997 with "boy wonder"

more anorak facts in the pipeline

Good day all.

Anyone know how I can get it touch with ex Blind Mole Rat members??

Cheers,

Jason

yes, i can give you one or two email addresses if you let me know who you are, and p.m. me!

:)

Many thanks for your speedy reply Pete, but I'm now intouch with Dan from BMR as of yesterday. I sent a **** load of e-mails out on Friday requesting BMR info. And there was mail waiting for me first thing Monday morning! Int the internet brilliant?! Out of interest do you know geezer called Glenroy who used to be in a bass heavy, AR-Kane style band (late 80's - can't remember the name - think it begins with an 'A').

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Jason

yes i remember fcs very well mick singer/songwriter and mega p***head and ben drummer and shy lothario great some1 else remembers too

Originally posted by XXXX

....do you know geezer called Glenroy who used to be in a bass heavy, AR-Kane style band (late 80's - can't remember the name - think it begins with an 'A').

sadly the glenroy i knew died in 1997. he was in "in a belljar", and also "media premonition" and "psychoterrorists" and "slbc", the last three of which i played keyboards for from 1992 to 1996.

all my bands are listed on this link...be warned, there are 33, and some have rude names!

http://www.sheffieldarchives.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Originally posted by syeclops

yes i remember fcs very well mick singer/songwriter and mega p***head and ben drummer and shy lothario great some1 else remembers too

wow! you must have seen fcs late 87 or early 88, shortly before the end of part one.... i was the drummer and left in october 87 before ben joined.

mik was an AMAZING singer, best voice in sheffield by far, and his lyrics were fantastic. not seen him for about 12 years...

Very sorry to hear that Glenroy has passed away. I had a nagging feeling that you were gonna back to me with that news. If you don't mind, could you tell me the circumstances? If you'd rather, use my e-mail: jason.smith@boidesign.co.uk. I used to know Glenroy about 1989-92 in and around Broomhall, and him breaking out in song all over the place! (i have no head for dates). And am sure I saw him play at the Hallamshire (wicked venue as I remember). 'Psychoterrorists' that was it. Don't know where the "it starts with an 'A'" came from...

Once again Pete, many thanks.

Cheers,

Jason