Punk / metal bands from Sheff between 1986 - 1996

One week and two days to go!

Nihilistics, Dog Canute and Beat Constructions at the Grapes!

£3 on the door.

8pm start

Two days to go:

The NiHiLisTics 20th anniversary reunion gig - The Grapes, kick off 8pm with Beat Constructions, followed by Dog Canute.

Just £3 to get in to see 3 class acts!

:thumbsup:

Laughed my ass off reading most of this thread. I was on R.O.T.T too and to correct a comment on another thread, I did the punk bit - which was called Punk Zit -if i remember right, not Mixmif although he did contribute.

We started it at a studio behind the moor because they paid us a sandwhich to do sketches for them. We started going to do the show on Radio Sheffield because they paid our taxi home and we stopped when they decided they couldnt pay the taxi fair anymore.

There was a guy there before me who did a thing 'Winston the gobbler' I ended up living in a flat he used to be in and got loads of mail from various catalogue companies he had tried to rip off to names Like Winston N Gobola and the like :)

I got loads of pictures somewhere of the Punk crowd from the peace gardens, will try to dig em out

yeh sorry forgot, for god's sake give me Mixmifs site link - I knew him from when he was a sprog and havnt seen him in about 20 years - in fact last time i saw him he was dressed in something like a huge teddy bear costume selling cakes or some such nonsense think it was a pre-christmas cash job or something daft - sorry brain is fuzzy

yeh sorry forgot, for god's sake give me Mixmifs site link - I knew him from when he was a sprog and havnt seen him in about 20 years - in fact last time i saw him he was dressed in something like a huge teddy bear costume selling cakes or some such nonsense think it was a pre-christmas cash job or something daft - sorry brain is fuzzy

http://myspace.com/hummingbobbar

im always up for peace gardens pics :D

What about:

Chunk

Trolley Dog Shag

Kiss Me Deadly

Personality Crisis

Bride Wore Black

Hole In The Wall Gang

Absolute

My other half was in Ritual Disguise, one of the bands who played the Dole Busters Gig at the Leadmill in '86 (?) and definately remembers Trolley Dog Shag, Hole in The Wall Gang, Flexible Penguins, EZ EZ, Bergmans, Like Ice Like Fire, Times Will Change, Paris, Marlowe, Sweetie Boys - did they become Absolute?? Also, did Absolute have a couple of members called Paul Devine and Dave Smith? If so, I worked with both of them at KSW in '88!

Laughed my ass off reading most of this thread. I was on R.O.T.T too and to correct a comment on another thread, I did the punk bit - which was called Punk Zit -if i remember right, not Mixmif although he did contribute.

We started it at a studio behind the moor because they paid us a sandwhich to do sketches for them. We started going to do the show on Radio Sheffield because they paid our taxi home and we stopped when they decided they couldnt pay the taxi fair anymore.

There was a guy there before me who did a thing 'Winston the gobbler' I ended up living in a flat he used to be in and got loads of mail from various catalogue companies he had tried to rip off to names Like Winston N Gobola and the like :)

I got loads of pictures somewhere of the Punk crowd from the peace gardens, will try to dig em out

winston ....was something to do with the band dig vis drill?

another mick at rott was....mick lunney! he now reads the news. he wrote some great sketches. i used to go every week in 86/7.

:)

occasionally used to stop by ROTT as well as my bandmate Josie Robson occasionally presented on there, I remember that crazy hippy dude from the leadmill - Chris was involved there (around 1981-82) for any of you older farts out there that remember TSI-TSA I just created a myspace page http://www.myspace.com/tsitsamusic and will post songs on there. Currently there are three poor quality old songs and a redo of one of those songs by my son with me singing on it.

Cheers

winston ....was something to do with the band dig vis drill?

another mick at rott was....mick lunney! he now reads the news. he wrote some great sketches. i used to go every week in 86/7.

If anyone colects magazines or is interested in some copies of "The face", i have about 100 or so of these in my parents attic. I am missing about 4 of the first 10 but have all the rest up to about 100+ - a very interesting time and a great magazine documentary of music, fashion and taste.

contact me via PM if you could pick up in Sheffield - no cost to a good home!!

Daisy

occasionally used to stop by ROTT as well as my bandmate Josie Robson occasionally presented on there, I remember that crazy hippy dude from the leadmill - Chris was involved there (around 1981-82) for any of you older farts out there that remember TSI-TSA I just created a myspace page http://www.myspace.com/tsitsamusic and will post songs on there. Currently there are three poor quality old songs and a redo of one of those songs by my son with me singing on it.

Cheers

are you the legendary mick lunny? do you remember roland at rott who almost got the job presenting THE WORD on channel 4?

Sorry to dissapoint but I am not the legendary Mick Lunney, I am the legendary (at least in my own mind) Michael Day - known to most as "Daisy". I left Sheffield in 1987 and have resided since then in San Francisco. Given that the bands I was in were all over and done with by 1984 at the latest I am an interloper to this thread but have enjoyed this thread so far.