How can I Increase my web traffic?

I did the original post, and have since altered the site... obviously its not finished and its taking longer than usual, but have had to work a lot before xmas and haven't had time to work on the site unfortunatly :( I tried working on it offline using XAMPP as an equivalent to MySQL, but it kept crashing and messing up so gave up and decided to stick to what I know using Dreamweaver and FTP and posting everything live. Not ideal I know but it works for me...

As for the original topic of this thread, I will be concentrating on increasing my web traffic very soon hopefully after the new year when the site is complete so I will - I'm afraid still be asking random questions and probably repeating myself, but at least will keep it on topic....

You can increase your web traffic using basic search engine optimization techniques.

1. Using a Keyword Rich Title.

2. Use the Title Tag Correctly.

3. Focus Your Content.

4. Use Text Links.

5. Include a Resource Page of Links.

My favorite way of geting traffic is to join online forums and share what I know about a subject. The big secret is learning how to find targeted forums. I use Google's free tools to discover those sites that are looking for the very thing I know about. One way is to search for hot keywords using Google's Search-Based Keyword tool and feed the results into Google Alerts. This way I find forums that are discussing the very thing I'm interested in.

Edited by indizine

It is physically easy to build a link....it is a skill to know what keyword to build that link for. Anyone building links back to http://www.mywebsite.com is not doing proper SEO, though they might think they are.

spot on. I get so many clients who have come to me asking why their seo isn't working etc and when I look up the backlinks I see URL's everywhere.

When you pay for SEO you are really paying for the skill and knowledge of the webmaster. Where to put the link? what page to put it on? is the page cached, can it be? what words to use? where to put the link, beginning, middle etc? what weight font h1 h2 bold? what url to point to? what words to use before and after the link. what weight should they be? what's the url extension, .com .gov. shu. nhs? does it have a good PR or is it blacklisted? what's the meta tags on the linking page and are they relevant to your anchor text? Is the keyword for the link searched for? what traffic would it achieve for the client? what alternative related words are there etc? This plus a lot more all go into one link.

Is it hard work, yes and can be VERY time-consuming, can anyone do it? if your prepared to sit down and learn then anyone can do anything but the reason you'll pay for seo is because someone who does seo for a living can check the above plus lots of other factors significantly quicker than the average user.

Edited by vegas22

you want more traffic - build bigger roads, and cheaper cars. Or you could put your website near a football ground on match day, or anywhere on the M1.