Henry's/City bar to re open?

I was informed by a landlady last night that an application for a club license has been submitted for this venue!

I was informed by a landlady last night that an application for a club license has been submitted for this venue!

thought it was up for demolition...if it goes ahead, the whole city refurb project must have been scrapped completely...HOORAY!!!!!! The Sportsman, Lions Lair, all those lovely old buildings inc the Casbah, will be SAVED!!!!

The project is still on the cards for the redevelopment of the whole area. The planners have recently been getting approval for some of the details of the development.

The start date has been put back due to the economy, it would be a mistake to open a new retail development when the public are not minded to spend any money. The timing of these things are critical to the sucess of the project.

I expect the current owners of the property will be quite happy to get a temporary tennant in to help pay their bills.

I went into Henry's last night for a beer. Just thought I'd drag this thread up and comment on the place, since it's only been open a couple of weeks. The decor is great - stylish and fairly minimalist, with what look like old church pews for seats, columns all over the shop, some old slates to put drinks on, and some pictures (also for sale) on the walls. They have 12 hand pumps and the beer really was of high quality. I had an amber ale and a mild, both well presented. The barmaid even came across and offered to bring our next pint to our table for us. I'm presuming they won't have table service when it gets busier in there, but the customer service was spot on.

'Busier' brings me onto my main point - it wasn't very busy (could be of a weekend though, I don't know). It's a huge place and, given the great atmosphere and beer, deserves to do well. It's only just down from the Benjamin Huntsman, so fairly central for a night out. So, go and use it before you lose it :)

I went into Henry's last night for a beer. Just thought I'd drag this thread up and comment on the place, since it's only been open a couple of weeks. The decor is great - stylish and fairly minimalist, with what look like old church pews for seats, columns all over the shop, some old slates to put drinks on, and some pictures (also for sale) on the walls. They have 12 hand pumps and the beer really was of high quality. I had an amber ale and a mild, both well presented. The barmaid even came across and offered to bring our next pint to our table for us. I'm presuming they won't have table service when it gets busier in there, but the customer service was spot on.

'Busier' brings me onto my main point - it wasn't very busy (could be of a weekend though, I don't know). It's a huge place and, given the great atmosphere and beer, deserves to do well. It's only just down from the Benjamin Huntsman, so fairly central for a night out. So, go and use it before you lose it :)

I must admit that I love the place as well! And I agree about the customer service. The staff are really great! :)

Agree with the last two posts. Great building and fantastic beer selection, and you don't have to wait ages at the bar to get served.

Thankyou. I work at henrys. xxxx Thanks for all the kind comments. We are hoping to get a few live bands and we will be doing food very soon :) xx

Great venue and atmosphere agreed

This is a poser's bar.

Always has been, mind you its about time there were some decent totty in Sheffield.

This bar brought some style to Sheffield even though it was posers bar.

I say good look to the place, It gives the ladies somewhere to go and get dressed to the hilt.

All the best 'Henry's'

I went in after work the other day - very nice, great selection of real ale and bottles (with more to come hopefully!)

Chatted to the co-owner a bit, really nice bloke, seemed to have his head screwed on and knew what he wanted for the place and the future.

I'll be back in for sure.

I met my husband i Henrys tonight and was very pleasantly surprised although it did take me back 20 years! The staff were very helpful and the range of beers and wines were second to none. I had a large glass of good wine for £3.50 which I think is great value!!

It's just like the good old days - welome back!