Dronfield incinerator proposals - all discussion in this thread

Thanks for the link.

From the same website;

http://www.againstincineration.org.uk/?cat=6

"The proposed chimney will spread the damage up to 5 miles depending on weather conditions including Chesterfield, Dronfield,Staveley, Brimington, Arkwright & intervening villages."

A lesson in campaigning - ask for support for your cause by all means - but don't use scare tactics (Dore, Totley, Greenhill, Norton etc).

those areas are posioned already - industrial revolution and winds from Manchester - nothing new.

I went to the meeting on Friday. I think the campaign group and the general public made the planning committee take a step back to reassess this application.

The presentation from the campaign team was outstanding - it covered all the issues very well, including the flawed process, the legal arguments, the economic impact, the health issues and more.

Cyclamax couldn't get out of County Hall fast enough at the end. I do not think they were prepared for such a united community response. Well done to all that turned up to show their objections to this plan.

Longcol - the reason for trying to get the "posh" bits of southern Sheffield involved is obvious, I think. They will be affected when the wind blows in the right direction, and they are a particularly vocal and effective community. They have successfully fought other campaigns before - which is no surprise considering how many clever people live around there.

Apathy will get us nowhere. The only way to fight this fight is as a community - everyone who has concerns must get involved and not simply leave it up to others.

Longcol - the reason for trying to get the "posh" bits of southern Sheffield involved is obvious, I think. They will be affected when the wind blows in the right direction, and they are a particularly vocal and effective community. They have successfully fought other campaigns before - which is no surprise considering how many clever people live around there.

Naturally people who live in southern Sheffield, but not the "posh" bits, are not clever and incapable of campaiging. And of course they won't be affected when the wind blows....................

Naturally people who live in southern Sheffield, but not the "posh" bits, are not clever and incapable of campaiging. And of course they won't be affected when the wind blows....................
If we can get any additional help from any concerned residents, irrespective of where they live, then that is a good thing. However, I am led to believe that the specific residents I already mentioned have prior and recent experience of effectively objecting to neighbourhood-changing plans. This does not surprise me, given the areas' demographics.

Thanks for the link.

From the same website;

http://www.againstincineration.org.uk/?cat=6

"The proposed chimney will spread the damage up to 5 miles depending on weather conditions including Chesterfield, Dronfield,Staveley, Brimington, Arkwright & intervening villages."

A lesson in campaigning - ask for support for your cause by all means - but don't use scare tactics (Dore, Totley, Greenhill, Norton etc).

My bold.

Note the word including. It does not say exclusively. It does say depending upon weather conditions, which include wind direction, and will certainly include Dore, Totley, Greenhill, Norton etc in the 5 mile radius.

A lesson in trying to humiliate people - make sure it's not yourself your humiliating.

I am trying to raise awareness around dronfield! People don't seem to realise that we have very little time to make our protest known here!

Also a lot of people don't seem to know that the proposed site in only a few miles down the road and the whole of dronfield will be affected!

I am going around schools, neighbours with letters to be sign and I will send them myself. Anyone willing to help with that and get those letters signed by their neighbours, friends, family please contact me! The final decision by the Planning Committee is only a few weeks away so we must act now!

Thank you for your time

We're hopeful that the local publications in Dore, Totley and Bradway will soon carry 200-word articles on the subject.

We are planning a public protest march in Dronfield in November, and the more that can attend the better. Dates to follow - watch this space.

The final planning decision will be made in Matlock in November/December, as far as we know.

Additionally, some of our fellow campaigners attended the NEDDC council meeting today and were frankly appalled at the lack of interest shown by some councillors.

These people need reminding that we voted them in, that we pay their wages, and that we demand that they listen to our concerns. I shall be making my feelings known in the strongest possible terms at the soonest available opportunity. Important local issues like this are most certainly not the appropriate issues on which to be scoring political points.

Edited by rich_b

an update

Dronfield Against Incineration - Protest / Rally Saturday 7 November

Saturday November 7th

11am Cliffe Park (Callywhite Lane entrance)

We intend to rally in Cliffe Park to demonstrate the breadth and depth of feeling, in Dronfield and the surrounding areas, against the proposed incinerator. The Chesterfield Against Incineration campaign group will also be present in large numbers.

Our aim is to have over 1,000 people in attendance - mums, dads, kids, grannies, granddads, as well as lots of local business owners, and also a decent representation from our local councillors and MPs.

Next week we will be contacting all the local TV, radio and press agencies to get them to cover the event - if you know anyone connected with the media please do let me know ASAP and I will give them a call.

Please try to get to the rally early. If you can walk to Cliffe Park, please do so. If you need to take the car, offer to car-share with your friends or neighbours.

Bring along home-made banners and placards - we are encouraging children to make their own as well - you might even get on TV. If you have whistles or rattles, bring those too. Let's make some noise!

After the brief rally, we will be walking the short distance to Dronfield Civic Hall where we will make some more noise and then disperse.

The idea behind the rally/march is to get some decent media coverage so that the Derbyshire County Councillors simply cannot ignore us.

Don't assume that someone else will do this for you - you have to put aside some time to do this for yourself.

What would you prefer? 45 minutes on a November morning surrounded by like-minded people from your local community, or 20-30 years of regret that we should have done something when we had the chance?

On behalf of the Dronfield and Chesterfield campaign groups, I thank you for your interest so far and I hope to see you all there.

Tell literally EVERYONE you know. It's the same morning as many of the big bonfires. It's going to be a great family day.

I am trying to raise awareness around dronfield! People don't seem to realise that we have very little time to make our protest known here!

Also a lot of people don't seem to know that the proposed site in only a few miles down the road and the whole of dronfield will be affected!

I am going around schools, neighbours with letters to be sign and I will send them myself. Anyone willing to help with that and get those letters signed by their neighbours, friends, family please contact me! The final decision by the Planning Committee is only a few weeks away so we must act now!

Thank you for your time

Do you know when will they make the decision??? I am totally against it..

you will find this info useful

http://www.againstincineration.org.uk/?cat=9

apparently the decision will be made between mid november to mid december so if you do not want to live under a toxic cloud for the next 30 years i suggest you send letters of objection to the relevant people

I might buy shares in the nhs.

hey! im joking.

UPDATES ON THE CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE PROPOSED TOXIC INCINERATOR CLOSE TO SOUTH SHEFFIELD.

There are 3 public meetings in the next week which will provide information for anyone worried about the proposal for an incinerator just a few miles from south Sheffield. The meetings will also provide further information for campaigning against the incinerator:

Saturday 28th November, 9.30 - 11.30, Eckington Civic Centre Hall, Market Street, Eckington.

Monday 30th November 19.30 – 21.00 – St Andrew’s Church, Pentland Road, Dronfield Woodhouse – presentation to raise awareness of the proposal.

Saturday 5th December 13.00 – 16.00 – Coal Aston Village Hall, Eckington Road, Coal Aston – drop in session to raise awareness.