Who's ever had a big competition win?

I don't usually bother but just entered into a competition, has any sheffield forum'ers ever won anything exciting?? :D:D

I won a bike in a Star competition. Collected it from the old Savacentre at Meadowhell.

I won a DVD player in a Prize draw at Fitness First a few years ago.

I won a Vic=20 in a national newspaper competition back when that was the new big computer to own.

Then went on to win an Atari 520STFM when they were the new thing (Daily Mirror competition that one)

Also won various books, albums, and games through the years. Nothing in recent years, except for getting my letters printed in a few magazines and the generic DVD/book they give you.

I won a Sony J-5 mobile and a CD walkman about 8 years ago on a Virgin Radio competition...

Was buzzing at the time!

I won a case of Carling when i was about 13 lol, i entered a competition in the star where you had to do a mini report on the game what you had been to, i won lol.

They actually sent me the case of lager aswell hahaha.

i won a £1000 from my car registration, via sheffield star and D.C cook

When those scratch cards fall out of magazines I always have one which qualifies me for a top prize, as long as I spend at least 6 minutes calling their premium rate phone line.

Silly me, I never bother claiming the prizes - I could be a millionaire by now...

When those scratch cards fall out of magazines I always have one which qualifies me for a top prize, as long as I spend at least 6 minutes calling their premium rate phone line.

Silly me, I never bother claiming the prizes - I could be a millionaire by now...

Lol have you noticed how they give you two or three scratchcards in a row now and the first one never wins but the second or third one does.

Thing is though the con artists have made fortunes out of these scams as there not breaking the law as they do send you prizes like seeds, holiday vouchers where u need to put about a grand towards them :hihi: