Do primary schools have open days/evenings?

I was just wondering if primary schools have open days/evenings where you can look round, speak to teachers etc. like the comprehensives do? I'm thinking of visiting Abbey Lane, Woodseats and Greenhill primaries anyway but it would be good if they did a specific open day.

Thanks,

Aqua x

Not sure, you could always give them a ring and ask to look around the school. I did this for a couple of schools and was shown round by Yr6 pupils at both schools. Gave a really good insight into the school.

Greenhill did last year. We had a walk round one afternoon with the headteacher and some other parents. I think we had a letter from the school with some dates they were doing it as our son was in the catchment area.

The best thing would be to ring the schools you want to see as I'm sure they're all arranging them.

The best thing to do is phone the schools you are intrested in, there is normally some one thats able to show you round. I think its better to go when the children are in class.

You can tell more about the school and how its run.

Yeah - you have to ring and ask. Although I preferred to go round during normal class time rather than on an open day when the place has been spruced up especially - it's better to see it as it really operates!!

x