For the fans of vigilantism..

its lovely having a police officer as a close friend who can find things out for you without it being made offical . IE address`s ,names etc :nod:

sometimes police powers dont allow them to go far enough ,and a more personal touch is needed .

mister b for one what's an IE address . think you may be mixing that up with somthing else. unlike me mr b who you know full well has all your detail's.

its lovely having a police officer as a close friend who can find things out for you without it being made offical . IE address`s ,names etc :nod:

sometimes police powers dont allow them to go far enough ,and a more personal touch is needed .

Another tale from the amazing online adventures of Pinocchio.

Edited by Stan Tamudo

I believe the criminal justice system often lacks the ability or inclination to deal with many crimes that have been reported.

Agree :thumbsup:

It would be nice if the system worked but frankly it doesn't work, and though I think vigilantism is not the ideal way of going about things I'm all too often left with the belief that it is all thats left for many victims of crime.

Fully Agree :thumbsup:

mister b for one what's an IE address . think you may be mixing that up with somthing else. unlike me mr b who you know full well has all your detail's.
I think he means ie, which means "that is", like eg which mean "for example"

If there is a police office misusing the national database for the purpose commented on above, s/he will be in very serious trouble when found out, which they will be eventually.

I don't really consider the case quoted in the OP to be a good example of vigilantism, though. Not that I approve of vigilantes of any sort, but the police really do have to get a grip on what's going on before people really do get fed up and start takling the law into their own hands.

The case of the great grandma being prosecuted and convicted for prodding a yob is just the sort of thing that really gets ordinary people fired up. Complete nonsense and the police and CPS should have had more sense to take it to those lengths. And if not them, whoever was on the bench should have thrown it out.

I think he means ie, which means "that is", like eg which mean "for example"

If there is a police office misusing the national database for the purpose commented on above, s/he will be in very serious trouble when found out, which they will be eventually.

I don't really consider the case quoted in the OP to be a good example of vigilantism, though. Not that I approve of vigilantes of any sort, but the police really do have to get a grip on what's going on before people really do get fed up and start takling the law into their own hands.

The case of the great grandma being prosecuted and convicted for prodding a yob is just the sort of thing that really gets ordinary people fired up. Complete nonsense and the police and CPS should have had more sense to take it to those lengths. And if not them, whoever was on the bench should have thrown it out.

i think you may find he mean's IP address

i think you may find he mean's IP address
You may be right, but from the 'sense' (if one could use that word in the same sentence as 'Mr Benn' :D ) I still think he means
its lovely having a police officer as a close friend who can find things out for you without it being made offical. That is to say, addresses, names etc
You don't need a police officer to find out an IP address, almost anyone can do that ...