For the fans of vigilantism..

Main Entry: vig路i路lan路te

Pronunciation: \藢vi-j蓹-藞lan-t膿\

Function: noun

Etymology: Spanish, watchman, guard, from vigilante vigilant, from Latin vigilant-, vigilans

Date: 1856

: a member of a volunteer committee organized to suppress and punish crime summarily (as when the processes of law are viewed as inadequate); broadly : a self-appointed doer of justice

re路venge (r-vnj)

tr.v. re路venged, re路veng路ing, re路veng路es

1. To inflict punishment in return for (injury or insult).

2. To seek or take vengeance for (oneself or another person); avenge.

n.

1. The act of taking vengeance for injuries or wrongs; retaliation.

2. Something done in vengeance; a retaliatory measure.

3. A desire for revenge; spite or vindictiveness.

4. An opportunity to retaliate, as by a return sports match after a defeat.

Main Entry: vig路i路lan路te

Pronunciation: \藢vi-j蓹-藞lan-t膿\

Function: noun

Etymology: Spanish, watchman, guard, from vigilante vigilant, from Latin vigilant-, vigilans

Date: 1856

: a member of a volunteer committee organized to suppress and punish crime summarily (as when the processes of law are viewed as inadequate); broadly : a self-appointed doer of justice

As I said your version and the opening story has very little if at all anything to do with being a vigilante.

The example that you've used is actualy in line with Rubberduk's reply; pure revenge that's all or at best retaliation.

You would hardly fit the gonks you shown into your vigilante quote as shown below

a member of a volunteer committee organized to suppress and punish crime summarily (as when the processes of law are viewed as inadequate);
Edited by Linesman

Lee Mayfield, he is a big lad, not surprised he demolished Brian and his son :hihi:

:hihi: i was thinking the same when i read the story in the star

re路venge (r-vnj)

tr.v. re路venged, re路veng路ing, re路veng路es

1. To inflict punishment in return for (injury or insult).

2. To seek or take vengeance for (oneself or another person); avenge.

n.

1. The act of taking vengeance for injuries or wrongs; retaliation.

2. Something done in vengeance; a retaliatory measure.

3. A desire for revenge; spite or vindictiveness.

4. An opportunity to retaliate, as by a return sports match after a defeat.

I understand your point, but the 'revenge' was in response to an alleged criminal offence, which if a complaint had been made, would have been dealt with by the criminal justice system, so in that respect, the Buttery's were self appointed doers of justice, as per the definition I posted.

I understand your point, but the 'revenge' was in response to an alleged criminal offence, which if a complaint had been made, would have been dealt with by the criminal justice system, so in that respect, the Buttery's were self appointed doers of justice, as per the definition I posted.

I believe the criminal justice system often lacks the ability or inclination to deal with many crimes that have been reported. I have personal experience of this and I'm also aware of other cases where crimes are dealt with by the official departments in a very inadequate and dis-satisfactory way.

It would be nice if the system worked but frankly it doesn't work, and though I think vigilantism is not the ideal way of going about things I'm all too often left with the belief that it is all thats left for many victims of crime.

Very funny but not vigilantism. As the officer in charge said, tit for tat. I just hope ordinary members of the public weren't put out by these morons and their stupidity.

Thats never been vigilantism bf mate just a couple of ill prepered alcholic retards messing with someone they realy should'nt have, hence the end result.

I agree with tit for tat. But why do i always get tat?

Morons, but it wasn't vigilantism, it was just tit for tat feuding. Or tat for tat if you're Xenia. Vigilantism is a 'bad thing' but sometimes these days unfortunatley it's the only option some people have.

If you don't want vigilantism then campaign for a more effective police force and a crackdown on anti-social behaviour.

there are ways and means of residents sorting out a local problem , without ever involving the police ;)

That is the only thing you have posted in 30 odd thousand post's that has some truth in it ;)

That is the only thing you have posted in 30 odd thousand post's that has some truth in it ;)

its lovely having a police officer as a friend who can find things out for you without it being made offical . IE address`s ,names etc :nod:

Edited by MR BENN

its lovely having a police officer as a close friend who can find things out for you without it being made offical . IE address`s ,names etc :nod:

sometimes police powers dont allow them to go far enough ,and a more personal touch is needed .

oh god!!!!!!!!